edlebrock turbo kit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hale97

hey guys,i have a 97 integra with a b18b1. ive built the motor a bit and now want to put a turbo on it. i found edelbrock has a turbo kit but they say its for a gsr. i was wondering if i were to buy this kit and just use the stock intake mani/pick up a different ls intake. would this be a good idea? or just a waste of time? im not much of a fabricator so im looking more for a kit,what would be some other good ones to look at?? any help is appreciated,thx

itd work, and i dont see why itd be a bad idea. the only problem is tuning. i believe the edelbrock kits come with something pre made for the engine.

you can always get a chipped obd1 ecu and have someone tune it though

ya they are supposed to come with some piggy back ecu. so if i were to use a chipped obd 1 ecu i would also need a adapter harness, is there anything else that would need to be done or is it just a plug and play and then get it to a tuner?
thanks for the feed back tho

the adapter harness and obd1 ecu is really all you need
the car will only be looking for one o2 sensor, which is the primary, i believe located right after your exhaust mani.
you can take the second one out and use the bung for a wideband o2 sensor (essential for a good tune)
also youre going to need an IAT sensor. its not completely necessary, but recommended unless you want the ECU to throw a fit. theres a spot on the stock b18b1 intake mani that is already flanged for it, you just have to drill a hole, then get some self tappers and screw the sensor in there (and plug it in of course)
other than that you should be good to go.

Back