EE crx engine swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DAZ81

ok ive got a 89 crx with a D16 A9 dohc 16v. i think u guys in the states call it a ZC
ive got my hands on a crashed 1990 crx sir which has a B16 A. not an A1 or a A2.
the problem i have is wiring it up in the engine bay on the right hand side where the main engine loom clips in to the cars wiring harness. the one that goes through the bulk head. i have the ecu from the B16 i cant find a wiring diagram anywhere
the old engine was non vtec where as the new one is vtec can anyone help me with a wiring diagram or which wires to connect where so i can finally taste vtec.
its a case or wiring the new engine loom in to the old cars harness and new ecu please help. from a worried englishman. :worthy:

REX GONNA GIVE IT TO YA.

you should be using PR3 or PW0 ECU - VTEC solenoid goes to A8 - VTEC pressure switch goes to B5 - knock sensor goes to B19 - 1st O2 sensor goes to C16 - 2nd O2 sensor goes to C8

Sweet thanks dude thats all the vtec wires sorted what about the other load of wires from the B16 engine that i have to wire in to the original loom. i have no diagrams so wire colours from the B16 into the wire colours of the original loom would be a great help. the ECU i have is a PWO. the old ECU is a PM7.
i need to be able to wire the complete engine up so this aint gonna be easy does any one have or know where i can get wiring diagrams from or email a wire colour to wire colour list. and also i dont know what pins on the ecu are what i dont under stand d2 and b3 an that kinda stuff. cheers for the replies guys your being a great help. :worthy:

REX GON GIVE IT TO YA.

88-91 Si to B16 Sub Harness Connections
Wire Color Engine connection ECU connection
White 2nd O2 sensor C8
Green/Yellow VTEC solenoid A8
Blue/Black VTEC oil pressure B5
Red/Blue Knock sensor B19
For correct numbering on the ECU plugs, hold the plugs with the wires facing away and the clips up.
The connections at B5 and B19 replace existing wires. You can cut and connect the
new wires or use the Honda pin removal tool for a cleaner installation. The part number for the
tool is 07JAZ-002010A and is available from Honda or Hasport for about $15.

I can't figure out how to post a pic of the plugs...sorry, I hope this helps
Pappy

Cheers guys ive got so much more info now from all the replys an sites ive been to when its all up an running i will get some bhp print outs an pic up.
then comes the biggie i am going to build turbo conversion for it ive got most of the parts all ready garrat T28,front mount intercooler, invo blow off valve, the turbo is being rebuilt by guys in the uk anti lag and an a external wayste gate. it will be run at 8psi til i get pistons rods clutch etc. any ideas on bhp when its fitted. 220+ would be very nice. :worthy:

REX GONNA GIVE IT TO YA!!!

Back