1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ef -b18 wiring

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by taccord1986, Oct 6, 2009.

1. taccord1986

taccord1986 New Member

ok i have a 90 civic hatch that was dpfi i swaped a b18b into it and now i cant figure out the wiring can i use a crx si or civic si harness then use a restior box and a obd0 ecu or what. so basicly the question is what harness should i use what ecu and do i need anything else

thank you for your help

2. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

you use your existing harness,you will need to swap it to mpfi and obd1..you will also need to get a conversion harness for the ecu.and an obd1 ecu..

3. taccord1986

taccord1986 New Member

i have the conversion harness for the ecu and the ecu i just dont have the stock harness anymore

4. Depriesticles

Depriesticles Kids these days...

Ouch. You are going to need your stock harness, or another ef harness in any case. Also, you are going to need the harness for the motor (or certain parts of it) to wire into your ef harness. If you look up obd0 to obd1 conversion and mpfi conversion online, you will find tons of info on how to do this.

Another option is to tow it to a performance shop that will build you a harness for your motor/car. Its more expensive, but you know it will be done right and clean. Good luck man. I hope you can get it done. I just finished my swap a couple weeks ago so I know how much of a pain it can be.

5. taccord1986

taccord1986 New Member

thank you for all the info i might just go ahead and try to find a stock harness i am just hoiong it will all work

6. D15Beater

D15Beater HNFTuning

Dang MPFI wiring is so easy...

Get a obd0 engine harness, strip it down, pull the fuel injector, fuel injector resistor box wiring from it, de pin @ tower side plug, get the cabin harness do the same but from shock tower to ecu. Depin and pin as much as you can. This way is alot cleaner and alot less soldering. Depin the injector wires @ cabin harness @ Ecu, swap c1/c2 with b10,b12 , run wires for distibutor sensors from distributor to shock tower plugs, from there to appropriate locations @ ECU to c1/c2. Run the fuel injector subharness from engine to shock tower, from there into their locations at the ecu-A1A3A5A7. It can be done easier, but im anal about wiring.

The major part of doing it this way is you can easily take it back to DPFI if you ever want to sell it or feel the need. It always looks bad when a potential buyer sees a hackjob engine bay.

7. taccord1986

taccord1986 New Member

that is what i plan on doing ok so i do have the orginal harness but the dizzy plug is a 5 wire plug and the dizzy plug on my b18 is a 7 wire plug i have to figure out how to wire the dizzy now the 5 wire plug came out of a dpfi 90 civic hatch the 7 wire dizzy plug was a 95 b18 now all i have to do is get that wired and use my obd0 to obd1 harness then do my injectors and the car should run but do any of you know the dizzy wiring

8. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

use this:

Attached Files:

9. taccord1986

taccord1986 New Member

holy crap that is freakin awesome thank you

10. kongt1

kongt1 New Member

what if you have a 91 si with fuel injection and you want b18b in it? What do I need to do with the wiring? Do i really need to set up the format for a dx? How short is the that shifter from the integra should i cut?

11. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

12. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted