EF B18A1 Swap No Start WTF???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Solomon93

Hi guys, just did my OBD1 b18a1 swap in my EF. It just cranks, and if i cycle the key sometimes I can get it to fire for about 1 second. It's a 91 EF STD model.
It has an
-MPFI Conversion
-Jumper Harness
-PR4 ECU
-4 Wire O2
-OBD1 Dizzy
-'93 Intake Manifold w/ saturated injectors
-STD harness with OBD1 connectors

Any Ideas where to start?

fuel, spark, and compression....

check the spark plug order on the plug wires, it could be that simple. make sure the plugs actually get spark.
do you hear the fuel pump prime with just key on? do you get rail pressure?
timing-- was the T belt changed? was the motor in a working car before? it could be off a few teeth or the cams are 180-out as well.

It was my distributor wiring. The guide i used said to swap some wires that shouldnt have been swapped. Just drove my EF LS for the first time, its AWESOME!

Was the guide from here? Please let us know if there's something wrong we can update.

we shouldn't be hosting that (it's copy right of another website). what thread was it from? i need to remove that... sorry :X

ok, cool... the poster i beleive is the owner/works for zc speed so he shared his own asset. we're good :)

It was from here actually. https://hondaswap.com/attachments/dxb18bwiring-pdf.12192/

Its incorrect under the "Distributor" section.
cross orange with blue green
cross thin white with blue yellow

c1 to orange
c2 white

actually, my wiring guide is correct if you are using the OEM Honda distributor - if you have an aftermarket distributor, a lot of them have the Blue/Green and Blue/Yellow wires swapped inside the distributor with the B/G going to where the B/Y should be and the B/Y going to where the B/G should be - maybe I should add that qualifier to my wiring instructions? - just be aware that if you ever need to change distributors, you may need to swap the wires back - some aftermarket distributors are wired correctly and some aren't

Back