1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ef crx gsr knocking sound buyers beware

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Randy crom, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Randy crom

Randy crom New Member

just bought the car drove it 190 miles home and never took it over 55 due to snow I get home come back out to start it the next morning and it sounds like a bearing. He told me when I paid for it that it would need valve adjustment. Which it's sounded like. Now it's louder and I check the oil it's perfect no shavings and it's not thick. I paid a lot I'm feeling that he screwed me over. If so buyers beware stay away from st.joe Missouri joe McCoy and illazar Jdmflaco lanares they will screw u over. I don't have money to fix ither due to fixed income......... video below

2. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

well word of advice if a car is ticking/knocking ....... dont buy it..... 99% of dickweeds selling cars dont know or have the mechanic knowledge to diagnose a problem like that let alone fix it which is why the car got sold. Just take it as a learning lesson and move forward, it sucks I know and ive been there trusttt me

3. Randy crom

Randy crom New Member

Yah thing is it wasn't a knock or a block tick and I had a knowledgeable builder there. It needed A valve adjustment. It was him covering up the fact he had just threw new rod bearings in it knowing the crank was fucked sometimes u can get away with hit but the 250mile trip home and the fact of the car having a heavier weight oil in it helped fill I started it and warmed it up and it was a lot louder then a valve tick. I'm sure that it wasn't knocking when I was picking it up. They got one over on me but thing is they don't even know they had a 2 owner si crx that I researched and sat in a barn for 7 years prior and was in Texas since 95 sucks that there's ppl out there that give us Honda owners a bad name

Attached Files:

4. Randy crom

Randy crom New Member

Was 2001 when it was sold to a guy in Texas I have confirmed and spoke to the owner that had it in Texas

5. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

have you tried even contacting the person you bought it from ?

6. Randy crom

Randy crom New Member

Yep he blamed it on me and no way I blew it cause I was only going 50 all the way home in a pouring storm with no wipers and he also told me replace the motor and bring it back lol I'm like not when u fucked me over

7. Randy crom

Randy crom New Member

I need a hole bottom end

8. dilbeckskate

dilbeckskate infamous

did you get the title ? lol paid in full ?

9. Randy crom

Randy crom New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted