ef ecu code

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cornfed85

i have a 91 ef hatch i did an auto to manual swap on it...my ecu is throwin the trans lock code is there any way i can get rid of this code so i can put my bulb back in my C.E.L lol and help would be greatly appreciated

i have a manual ecu...pulled from a car at pick n pull in kc mo...it was a 5 speed car...same motor my car has...my car would not run on the auto ecu so i had to go get a manual computer...i had several people confirm it was a manual ecu....my computer is right..i need to know if anyone knows how to get rid of this code

the only way you can get a code 19 is by having an automatic ECU - are you sure you are counting the ECU flashes correctly? does it flash 19 times (which would be the auto lock-up code)? or, is it flashing once then pausing and then flashing 9 times? that would be 2 codes, one for the O2 sensor and one for the cylinder sensor - i assume you have a PM5 ecu, which only has short flashes - it doesn't flash long and short like a PR3, PR4 or PW0 ECU

Last edited:
no im not stupid i know how to read an ecu in a ef honda....i didnt ask how to read a ecu i asked if there was a way to get my computer to stop throwing this code...it is a manual computer...i pulled it from a manual car in a junk yard....i have a friend with a ef stock factory 5 speed we pulled his computer and its exactly the same.ive had several people tell me "yes that is a manual ecu" but they dont know how to get rid of the code...if anyone can tell me how to get rid of the code id greatly appreciate it

maybe you're wiring is different for the auto ecu. like, maybe you have to change the pinning on the harnesses? check the wiring diagrams to make sure. because maybe your manual ecu isn't getting the right signals in the right spot.
if it's not that, i've got nothing. that's strange.

yea it has me confused...i dunno maybe i just wont worry about it...i figured there might be an easy way to get rid of it

Back