ef h22????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlowCrxSi

I blew my engine in my rex so now its time to swap again.I have a jdm h22 in my shed and i've been pondering the idea of the swap.I know its more work than a b-series and its heavier so i dont need the pro's and con's of h over b....i read in import tuner were a guy did a g23(f23 bottom end and h22 head)used a h2b adapter and was able to use b-series mounts?anyone else heard this????im really wanting to go h2b and it also seems cheaper.i know explict speed performance has a really good kit for going straight H but its also alot of money.if the b-series mounts will work that would help me out alot.

Well depending on your plans, an H22 is a good swap but a heavy swap, I liked an EG I drove with one, the bad part is that if you are going to modify your H22 it becomes difficult due to the fact that the sleeves of the H22 are fiber-reinforced and not as strong and do not hold boost well. The swap itself will require a big hammer but i'm sure you can handle it if you have any swap experience. The G23 I dig, I've read that article several times and seriously considering it for my EF, benefits IMO are Iron sleeves (holds some boost) good aftermarket for both the f23 block and h22 head, and its not much more complicated then an ls/vtec swap, the one thing I dont like is the h2b bracket you have to buy to use a b-series trans with the f23 block, ($700 or so) other thing for me is the availability of parts, and I'd have to get rid of the A/C, I live in the desert and use my EF as a daily so i'd have to work that one out before going G23.

Back