ef hatch door panels

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fastacc

Doin work!!!
I am wondering if anyone has changed the seatbelt from the doors on a hatch. What would be the best way, and the safest way to get them out of the doors? I am planning on maybe using crx door panels or fiberglassing the ones I have since they are in almost perfect condition. It just always seems like a pain in the ass to remove the door panels with the seatbelt running through them. I am open to all suggestions!

I think on the passenger side there is a spot on the pillar to mount the seatbelt but on the driver side there isnt one.You would have to drill a hole if there isnt one already and weld a threaded nut on the backside so you have something to thread the bolt into.There is a thread on Honda-Tech about doing it also.

get some 88' (built anywhere) or 89' (canadian built) hatch door panels

No seat belts in the doors

you can take the panels off with the seatbelt on the doors. The little trim ring around the belt where it goes into the door panel comes out and there a slit on the panel itself behind the seatbelt....its not that hard

dam, I didn't realize that slit was there. thanks. Also, I have a wrecked ef hatch. I figured I could cut out the spot where the new bolt will go and then tack that to the pillar. That way it would be double thick there and I could hide it behind the trim. Think that would be sufficient?

Back