EF Light Issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rsa0905

Hey everyone. Just picked up a 90 EF. B18a1 swap, b16 tranny, hasport mounts, linkage, etc etc. Anyways, the previous owner recently hooked up a low beam HID kit, and did a horrible job. The HIDs are lowbeam only, and when the lowbeams are on, the side marker (corner) lights dont work. But when i put the highbeams on, the corner lights do come on. Its hard to describe, but does this sound as simple as just unhooking all the HID crap and plugging up some old stuff or should i maybe try and find another harness for just the headlights? I do plan on taking out the HIDs and putting stock stuff back in...any help?

Depending on the HID kit you have they possibly reversed the low/high beam wires. What you can do, switch the headlight wire around unless you have a connector which will not allow that.

I got them figured out, the drivers side had a wire cut, and the passenger side plug wasnt there lol. No biggie, but theres more. The wiring in this thing is shit. My brake lights dont work, but when i hit the brake pedal the dash light for open door comes on, wtf?? And when i put the hazard lights on, the high beams come on. Any ideas??

sounds like u got a sh*t bucket... lol im sorry but my 4 door is doing some weird shit too... the corner light stays on even if the light control is off so i jus pulled the bulb out

Back