EF LS-VTEC swap: just a few quick questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civtrx

Hey guys! Just found the boards...great site you have here! Anyways I just have a few quick questions (sorry mods if this is in the wrong place, only section I found most relavent)

I am wanting to later on do a swap in an 88-91 EF hatch/CR-X. I want to ultimately go LS VTEC with probably a B18B block, and a GS-R or Si-R head.

I'm just curious as to what the total cost of something like this has come for people, and the labour time for it. Any real problems or conflicts to watch out for when doing this kind of swap?

Any quick links at all to a list of something that gives all the parts needed in order for the swap to be completed?

Sorry again if these answers are already on here, but just thought i'd quickly ask and give it a try first!

Thanks guys,
Craig :worthy:

whoops! I didn't even see the FAQ's or else I wouldn't of had to post. Sorry about that! :sleep:

heh, just close the thread down. no use for it anymore unless people want to give their input. :lol:

Just my input, but if you do it, use a B16 head because the GSR head is kinda stupid because of the intake manifold with the dual flap shit inside it. Also look into the after market parts for the ls/vtec conversions that are out now. Go to www.inlinefour.com , I know that they sell the oil tap/line kit for it and I've heard rumors that somewhere makes a head gasket for it, since the block and head are different. Good luck. :D

[Just my input, but if you do it, use a B16 head because the GSR head is kinda stupid because of the intake manifold with the dual flap shit inside it.]

If your spending the time and money to do a LS/Vtec right, the intake manifold could be and should be changed to a skunk2 or JG anyway. GSR heads are nice. Everyone has this idea that its the red headed step child of the b series. Be different, thats what I'm runnin.

Back