1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ef m.p.g?

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by jmende13, Nov 25, 2010.

1. jmende13

jmende13 New Member

I have read threads where they talk about getting 30-36 mpg in their ef. In MY ef I am not getting near that, im getting around 22 in city. So my question is what can I do to improve my m.p.g.? I have a cold air intake and everything else is stock.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Injector flush, tune-up, spark plugs, plug wires, rotor, cap, fuel filter..... basically just maintain your car. I got 40mpg highway and 30mpg city in my 88 LX sedan.

3. Ichigo1174

Ichigo1174 Member

This may sound stupid, but what is an injector flush? Just adding fuel injector cleaner/ fuel system cleaner to my gas tank and zipping along? :confused:

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

That's the easy way if your injectors aren't totally hosed up- give it a try first. Good garages can remove your injectors and clean them out way better than a few bottles of injector cleaner, but it costs more- not much more, but it does cost more.

5. earlehd

earlehd New Member

tune up for sure

6. Ichigo1174

Ichigo1174 Member

Can't I just remove them and clean them myself? I've replace injectors on my brother's Saturn and I would think as Long as I''m careful with the o-rings I'm good as gold, right?

What cleaners or how is the prefered methond, let them soak in a bucket of *insert cleaner here* for an hour then pop them in? (not to let the o rings soak or they will crack and become brittle.)

7. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Shops use special techniques/process to clean injectors; though if you want to do them yourself I've seen people rig up a unit to just spray fuel injector cleaner through them after soaking them in a cleaning solution.

This is an example of what process shops use:
    The going rate for these types of tests are about $17-$20 per injector.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted