1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EF or EG?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by autox 89 dx, Jun 8, 2008.

1. autox 89 dx

autox 89 dx Member

as of now I have a 91 Si that I got for free with a blown water pump that I fixed allready I bought a ton of parts for it. Bought two fenders and a new front bumper and filler I went to put them on today and everything behind the bumper is all bent and the subframe on the driverside is lower by 5/8 to 3/4 of an inch.But I dont feel like putting any more time or money if its all jacked and nothing will line up properly.I was thinking of getting an EG but I dont know if the parts i have will fit . I have a DC header AEM cam gear a complete mini me set up KYB AGX with eibach pro springs and a set of slip streams.I dont know if i should take it to get the frame fixed or sell it or buy another EF or buy an EG and use the parts that will work?What do you guys think? :confused:

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

I'm a fan of 88-91 Civics, so my answer is going to be biased. I'd pretty much say get a non-Si 88-89 Civic/CRX. Also, yes, all of those things will fit in a EG.

What is the car going to be used for?

3. autox 89 dx

autox 89 dx Member

as of now a dd i like the EFs also

4. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Well, I'd probably look for another car. When the subframe on the rear of my CRX was jacked, it was like $700 to fix the rear end, and $300 for the front. I'd imagine yours might be around there or more.

Just see whatever you can find first; but I'd prefer a EG for a daily driver. It just seems more comfy.

5. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

Let me ask you this, would you like to re-use the parts you already have in it or are you looking to build something else? I know it's a DD right now, but it seems that is how they all start. haha

6. autox 89 dx

autox 89 dx Member

the thing is the parts aren't in it yet i dont want to put them in if the cars frame is bent but I also like EG hatches thats why I dont know what to do

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted