EF or EG?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

autox 89 dx

as of now I have a 91 Si that I got for free with a blown water pump that I fixed allready I bought a ton of parts for it. Bought two fenders and a new front bumper and filler I went to put them on today and everything behind the bumper is all bent and the subframe on the driverside is lower by 5/8 to 3/4 of an inch.But I dont feel like putting any more time or money if its all jacked and nothing will line up properly.I was thinking of getting an EG but I dont know if the parts i have will fit . I have a DC header AEM cam gear a complete mini me set up KYB AGX with eibach pro springs and a set of slip streams.I dont know if i should take it to get the frame fixed or sell it or buy another EF or buy an EG and use the parts that will work?What do you guys think? :confused:

I'm a fan of 88-91 Civics, so my answer is going to be biased. I'd pretty much say get a non-Si 88-89 Civic/CRX. Also, yes, all of those things will fit in a EG.

What is the car going to be used for?

Well, I'd probably look for another car. When the subframe on the rear of my CRX was jacked, it was like $700 to fix the rear end, and $300 for the front. I'd imagine yours might be around there or more.

Just see whatever you can find first; but I'd prefer a EG for a daily driver. It just seems more comfy.

Let me ask you this, would you like to re-use the parts you already have in it or are you looking to build something else? I know it's a DD right now, but it seems that is how they all start. haha

the thing is the parts aren't in it yet i dont want to put them in if the cars frame is bent but I also like EG hatches thats why I dont know what to do

Back