1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EF or non Si crx wiring

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by integrawow, Dec 8, 2005.

1. integrawow

integrawow Member

I am planning on getting either an EF civic hatch or an 88-91 crx. I would like to swap in either a B18A or a B20 w/ P8R head. I happened to find some swap info that said I will need the Si harness. What's tha deal? It seems like it would be a pain in the but to swap in an entire wiring harness.

2. VTECPOWER

VTECPOWER Senior Member

You re-wire the stock harness from dpfi to mpfi, the si harness won't plug in, harness as in the engine harness and running a few extra wires to the ecu.

3. integrawow

integrawow Member

So all I will really be doing is converting to MPFI and this will allow me to plug in a pr4 or similar ecu into the cars factory wiring harness?

Like I said, www.ef-honda.com/ben says if your car doesn't have an Si harness, then you should get one. (I don't think I have this written exactly the way it was written on that particular website though) But you are saying I don't have to have one, so I am definitely interested in what you are saying if you know of a better way to do the swap.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted