EF SiR B16A into TwinCarb 1.5L Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dnation

Hi guys,

I did abit of searching but couldnt find anything. I own an 1989 Civic hatch with the 1.5L twin carbie engine and want to do a 1.6L EFI conversion.

I have found two options;

1- JDM B16A SiR from an EF civic (Whole half cut) red engine cover

2- JDM ZC from an EF CRX. (Whole half cut) black engine cover

I know the B16A from the EG (1992+ models) ALL need the engines mount mods, linkages etc to fit into the 88-91 civics... But will the B16A from the SiR ED/EF civic need these as well or is it a straight bolt on.. Planning on buying the front cut this week so any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
dave

The zc are a d series and are a direct drop in (ie `88 dohc zc), I did it myself to a crx, the b series need new mounts, tranny, ecu, wiring. BTW the twin carbie is probably dual port fuel injection (dpfi) and you probably have to do a little bit of wiring, even for the zc. The zc you need to wire it for multi port fuel injection (mpfi). The b16 you also have to do that plus wire for vtec and whatever obd(x) you choose to use.
If the b16 came out of a ef car than you hopefully got lucky and can reuse the mounts, maybe someone already swapped that in from another car, but get a second opinion.
The zc is by far the easiest to swap and costs the least because of less modifications needed. With the b series you will get more top end power but you need more parts plus the engine costs more. hope this all helps.

Back