EF Suspension LIFT???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

disableddan

Crazy Insane
Hello all! My first post here at HondaSwap although i've been perusing this site for some time now (ive had my honda for about 4 years).
I'm just wondering if anyone has ever attempted to raise their EF's suspension a couple inches?! I have a bad ass side exit exhaust that scrapes the ground, not to mention the Canadian winters where my bumper is plowing through the snow :p Any help on the subject is appreciated, thanks!!

I have never heard of a lift kit for a civic. I bet you could get some adjustable coils and crank them up. I wonder if a suspension from a wagovan would lift it.

I actually just read a post, i think it's even on here or 4gcivic.com and the wagovan shocks actually drop the car 1.5 inches and take away some travel :(
Also I guess accord shocks can be used to lower a civic too! Maybe a CRV or something...? :D

just put the stock springs back in if its that low to scrape your exhaust. my car is dropped 4 inches and my exhaust doesnt scrape.

lol... I have the stock springs in it :D

It's kind of retarded but I have a magnaflow muffler which is located where the catalytic converter usually is (in the shifter "tunnel"). it is not properly hung so it rattles off the body pretty bad. That's another issue altogether but I just thought it would be pretty sweet if I could actually lift my civic a couple inches, for ease of ingress/egress and ground clearance on crappy roads and also in the name of awesomness.

just put a set of stock front springs on the back

Sweet! WEll that's probably the most promising thing i've heard so far :p I even have a set of struts for the back that I never put on because the bolts are seized and i dont have replacement ones (lame excuse i know). Thanks!

You could probably take measurements and call eibach or something and they can send you fitted springs. They may be for another application but with your measurements they should be able to give you what you need. Probably going to need some custom damper too; maybe not since your not going so crazy as to need new LCAs and stuff.

Good idea with the fronts on the back, but what about the front?... lol

The Civic/CRXs can sit pretty high with stock shocks. If anything, just get slightly stiffer springs(best bet are lowering springs) and install those spring spacers. You could probably do it with stock springs to increase the preload but that might be harder.

This is how high my CRX sat after I took it off the jacks(so it'll lower when the car moves), but gives you a good idea about how high it'll be:
Feb24147.jpg

Also, DC/EG shocks assemblies are longer(like 1-2" IIRC, I just measured a couple of days ago but forgot), so those will probably help raise the car some. Not sure about the rears though.

K2e2vin- is that with front springs in the rear? Looks wicked :D Pretty much exactly what I'm after.
DC/EG = 5g civ right? (n00b!) :D
Thanks for your help!!

Ive seen that hatch on d-series, on one of his posts he told how he did the lift.

Back