EF Temp Sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ethan

VIP
I was wondering if jumping the red/white signal wire from the temp sensor on the head right to the wire in the cluster for the temp gauge will give an accurate reading.

That's how it's wired up stock... Straight from the temp sender (one wire sensor) to the cluster.

That's how it's wired up stock... Straight from the temp sender (one wire sensor) to the cluster.
that is true, however, the gauge sending unit doesn't have red/white wire - it has yellow with green stripe wire - the temp sensor for the ECU has 2-wires, red with white stripe and green with white stripe - both sensors are on the end of the head

That's not the same kind of sensor. It will not work if you splice into that.

Why don't you splice into the temp sending unit like you're supposed to?

Last edited:
woahh.. im lost i though just the 2 prong one (red/white & green) was temp..

damn thanks man i just went out and unplugged it and the gauge dropped.. so i guess i need a temp sensor.

Edit; "ect gauge sending unit" lol

Last edited:
the one that was in the head when i got the engine was broke off.. and the one i grabbed from a junkyard is bad. :(

try try again. do you know its bad? did you test it in boiling water and measure the resistance as per the helms instructions?

lol as of now im in the middle of a 1300 move.. but once i get there ill swap it out with the one from my sisters car. if it works ill spring for a new one. :)

Last edited:
Back