EF to EG Suspension Help PLS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dzx69

b16aEFGino
Guys I need help with my 91 EF Civic hatch... I just had an engine swap to a b16a engine. My main problem is, the suspension. I have the regular EF shocks and springs installed and had them replaced with lowering springs, now my car has less than half an inch wheel to fender clearance...the ride is terrible... the engine is too heavy for the lowering springs... some people say its possible to use EG suspension instead of the EF one... is this true??? Coz if it is im gonna get one and use EG lowering kits to support heavy engines like a b16.:(

Any feedback will help a lot. thanks guys.

You can use EG struts on an EF, but you have to retain the front forks from the EG that mount the strut to the LCA.

yup

94 and up integra lowering springs, shocks and forks will work and hold the weight much better than civic springs;)

thanks for the feedback guys. So i guess integra 94 and up models will bolt-on for the front and rear suspension of a 90 EF hatch? hmmm ill look into it. As for now I tried to modify my suspension by going through a machine shop and adding an inch to the spring mount covers... it worked, and now i got 1.5 inches of wheel to fender clearance... I tried fitting the springs of an EG as well... and it did fit in, the only problem is the rubber, I had to use EG rubber lifters to mount the spring. :) thanks guys

Back