ef with h or f plans

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c-rex-beat

yeah, it's a vtec.
I have recently completed my first swap by myself and it went fairly smooth. I learned a lot from you guys here and experiencing it myself. Now im addicted to the performance side of a honda. i got this cr-x as a SPL ride and now sold most equipment to support my honda addiction. I got a gsr trans w/lsd linkage etc. and just needing engine to match it to. I'm on a low budget for now. I got access to a H22 and a F20b. I know I will need the plate for the trans to bolt up to motor but which one will be best for an ef? I haven't seen many ef with anything other than a B or D. If someone has done something similar hit me up!

I think there was a couple of guys on HT with this setup. There's also a kit to make those engines work with a D-series transmission. ;)

Seriously? I don't think a d series trans would be a great idea. I thought about an ls but I want vtec. can a head from a b18c fit a ls? I would think so but then again I have never heard anyone talking about it.

D-series transmission are actually pretty strong(they have stubbier gears than the others). I believe Bisi is using a D-series transmission on his +430whp F22A Insight.

thats pretty sweet! I don't know how difficult it would be to f or h this but My buddy works at a parts store and can get parts to rebuild this other z6 I have and go super serious with it.

Lookup either H2B or F2D kits.

New will run you in the range of about 500-1200, depending on what you need.

It's pretty much guaranteed you will have to cowl or raise your hood on the H2B and likely the F2D kits as well. Check my gallery for my swap pics.

Ideally I'd say turbo an F series:ph34r:. That's what I would do if I were to go that route again.

do you know of what mods I will need to make for one to fit?

H2B setup would require hood clearance, alternator reallocator kit, and notching of the frame rail if you don't get a 1 belt crank pulley. Also the OBD conversion along with the mount and adapter kit. Some modifying of the throttle and clutch cable brackets may be needed as well.

This is of course my experience with using an ED/EF chassis.
https://hondaswap.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/17812/sl/z

Last edited:
Back