EF with OBD1 B16A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EF9Civic

Hey guys I got a question. I just recieved my motor, its a B16A gen2 OBD1 cable tranny version . It came with grey plugs, which means its its OBD1. I was wanting to know if I can use the wiring from a 92-93 Integra to get this swap going in a 90 Honda Civic STD? I got a wrecked 92-93 Integra that was hit in the back, but the front end is still good with no motor. But the wiring is still there. I want to be able to run OBD1 and use the OBD1 ECU, instead of running OBD0. Has anybody tried putting together a OBD0-OBD1 harness? Or do I have to buy a OBD0-OBD1 conversion harness? :huh:

umm, i might be wrong here, but it seems weird that they would have a cable tranny ( for obd0) matched with an obd1 engine? wouldnt that mean they swapped the engines? or is Japan like here and the 92-93 Xsi was obd1?

Yes you can do the swap, and it is a worth wild swap reguardless of the completity of it, which in reality is not that bad. The motor is probably from a 92-93 integra XSi as that is the only OBD1 b16 that I can think of that came with a cable tranny. You will need an ecu conversion harness and some plugs and some wire to do so. There is a guy on honda-tech.com that sells these conversion harnesses and has really good instuctions to do this swap, I think his SN is blown90hatch, but I could be wrong. Try and look this guy up and talk with him he is super informative.

Back