EF with obd1 conversion not running correctly

come get some

• do u want some

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • or u do not want none

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efsinglev

i am having problems with my ef i can not take the rpm past 3500 i have tryed a new dizy and ecu i have a jdm d15b single v and the wires to the dizzy are cut bought it like that and it is also throwing a code 4 crank angle sensor

You sure it's a 4 and not 40? I've got a code 40 and so has someone else on D-series.org; we still don't know what it is. Your best bet is to make sure the wiring is correct; or maybe even swapping in a new engine harness.

hehe, time to start testing continuity, voltages, and resistance on all your sensors. for certian sensor faults (such as crank angle sensor), you'll get thrown in a safety mode that limits your revs, a/f, vtec, etc. double check the ecu is correct for the motor. if you cant figure it out by yourself, there should be a number on the ecu seperated by 2 hyphens, as such: xxxxx-xxx-xxx. the last 2 groups are what we would need to tell you. most likely, since it was swapped, some wiring needs to be done and/or modified. a haynes manual relating to your motor, not your chassis, will be your greatest asset.

one long flash= 10
one fast flash= 1

yeah but a DVOM to check series and parallel circuits for resistance in the sensor
not that hard good luck;)

Back