ef6 d15b swap to ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

beecee

hi folks , im new on here and am hoping in the future to do a engine swap , but as im not the most mechanically minded it needs to be as straightforward as possible ( i wish :) ) ) also the car is my daily runner so reliability is a must , a tall order i know , but i have no idea where to start . its a 1992 1.5x dual carb crx . cheers in advance
BRIAN

A 92 CRX? I thought they stopped making CRX's in 91? And I thought all the CRX's after 87 were fuel injected?

Hi , manufactured in 91 registered in 92 , the car is a jdm 1.5x dual carb , very popular this part of the world ( IRELAND )108 bhp , but with a few tweeks its closer to 120bhp , i would like a B18 in it , but dont know if its too much hassle . cheers
BRIAN

is it dual point fuel injected?!?
sounds like a 91 dx or std to me,,and b18's are pretty easy,just have to swap to mpfi

i'd imagine it would be VERY hard to implant fuel injection to your car. could you maybe get bigger carbs or something? almost all high peformance honda engines, like a b18, are fuel injected. can you get factory fuel injected cars there, that would make life easier

Last edited:
hi , the majority of the crx's here are fuel injected ,about 40% are the dual carb type , im guessing it would be a pain in the ass to do a fuel injected engine swap , im just after more power , aren't we all :)
BRIAN

so you're worried that it would be harder to start off with a fuel injected car then do a swap vs. starting off with a carberated car then doing a swap? It will be easier to start off with a fuel injected car then do a swap, hope that helps.

Back