EF9 D16 n/a build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1badEF9

So i just picked up a 89 civic hatch, i already went a bought a d16y7 drop'd in it, new suspension, header ,complete exhuast, CAI, and new plugs. I lightened the car up a bit, just the basics, and can pull a 15.8-15.9 1/4 mile time..... not good enough of course.. So im thinking new eagle rods, p29 pistons, y8 head swap, a mild cam so i dont have to change springs or anything and lighten the car up a lil more... would also like a LSD, compression should be around 12.5:1 to 12.8:1 any estimates on WHP figures and 1/4 times?

I dont need aftermarket rods? I was under the impression that the y7 rods are horribly weak.. like only good for around 220hp max...? Im shooting for around 12:1 more than 13:1... i thought anyhting more than a stage 1 cam requires new valvetrain to avoid floating a valve.. well how about i try it this way, I realistically have around $3000 to put in the motor... possibly more but that would mean a longer build time for me to save up te extra. Im shooting for around 200-250whp so send me your thoughts on acheiving this goal, and plz no just buy a b series and all that cuz it completely defeats the purpose of this build, must be a d16 N/A build.

hrm i typed a reply already but its not showin up so if this comes up twice my bad, but anyways, I was under the impression the y7 rods could only handle 220hp max, Lets try it this way though my goal is a N/A d16 build producing around 200-250whp I have about $3000 to spend on it, I could spend more if need be but it would mean a longer build time to save up the extra cash. So im open to any and all suggestions as long as its a d16 N/A build.. could also be a build that puts out good power on its own but can also handle a small nitrous shot

I've personally never heard of a 250 whp D-Series. But in all honesty, I dont know that its going to be cost effective for you to spend 3k for 250 whp. You could spend 1,500 on a homebuilt turbo kit and produce that. Then take the other 1500 and build the D16, now you've got yourself a single cam monster.

But, if you really are set on N/A, try it because I'd love to see a 250whp all motor D-Series.

WoW, thats a nice write up you found... I personally still think 200whp is possible, maybe using a stroker method using the d16 block with d17 internals... a blueprinted and balanced crankshaft... I unno maybe it is high hopes, Im still gonna research some more and see if there is a chance i can pull it off, if not then i will consider other means..

....the only way ill consider doing a turbo setup over the N/A will be for some big numbers at least 300whp, I wouldnt be willing to dump that much money into a N/A setup for 200-250whp and then decide to do a turbo setup and shoot for the same numbers..

Back