Effective IMMEDIATELY no profanity in titles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
Google is cracking down on this, and I just got a 3-days to comply or else warning.

Please do not use the "big 5" curse words in titles, as they end up in the URL portion of the thread, which in turn google looks down upon and then doesn't serve us ads, and then suddenly the server costs don't get covered and then bye bye HS :(

so, stop swearing in thread titles.

Mods, please edit any titles you see or move the thread to the place where it's ok.. ya know the place.

I'm assuming most violations are things like, "holy shit, look at this fucker"...or something like that.

I've moved the thread out of public view.
hondaswap.com/threads/.21457

copy paste it for a redirect

Google ads may not be placed on pages with adult or mature content. This includes, but is not limited to, pages that contain:

• erotic stories or descriptions of sexual acts
  • sexual jokes
  • erotic or sexual forums
  • sexual or profane terms in the URL
  • crude language or excessive amounts of profanity

I know we all have potty mouths, myself included, and I don't want to turn this place into sesame street, but we need to do a little better at it, myself included.

Most tech forums is a non-issue. It's the lounge. the other option is to move the lounge out of public view, which i don't want to do as a lot of the lounge content ranks well for searches (like the hot soup thread, which oddly enough has an MF'er in it lol)

They flagged a nearly 12 year old thread? lol

BOW DOWN!

8cf.png

well now were talking about who in the world decided curse words are curse words, i mean most mean the very same thing other words do that are ok to say anytime.

So, google does't really care about swears either. Just look at youtube. At the end of the day, they deliver a product. And part of their product is to deliver ads from their clients on to 'quality' sites. Such sites are content rich and must be up to the standards threshold that they promise to deliver for their advertisers.

I wouldn't want my banner showing up on a weird fetish site or something, and maybe 'bobs honda' doesn't want his dealership mentioned in a thread about mf'ing the world....

I get it.

We have an ad-free zone. use it if you must be profane.

cant you do a find/replace type deal on all thread titles ever in "ad-able" forums (exclude NWS).

find "fuck" replace with "f***"
find "shit" replace with "s***"

and so on.

yeah, it's not that simple. The url is formed off the title, so a script actually updates the title and the url bit and stores it for redirection.

Back