Effects Of Running Turbo W/out Charge Pipes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by boostdGS@Mar 31 2003, 03:35 PM
whatever you say chump, go ahead kid, drive around all day with no charge pipes, and have a good day.

and if you can't find silicon connectors anywhere, then you're retarted. Go to any decent hardware store. I got my friend some from a local hardware shop, and If home depot somehow doesn't have them, then go to a different store.

NEWSFLASH!!

rubber and silicon are NOT the same thing!!!!!!

Originally posted by SolReaver+Mar 31 2003, 04:00 PM-->
@Mar 31 2003, 03:35 PM
whatever you say chump, go ahead kid, drive around all day with no charge pipes, and have a good day.

and if you can't find silicon connectors anywhere, then you're retarted. Go to any decent hardware store. I got my friend some from a local hardware shop, and If home depot somehow doesn't have them, then go to a different store.

NEWSFLASH!!

rubber and silicon are NOT the same thing!!!!!!

dont' get your panties in a bundle because you don't like my opinion, on doing things the right way. We're talking about a 5 mile drive home, not leaving it like that.

liquid00meth you can't set a boost controller to run lower boost than the spring in your wastegate! You can get charge pipes made cheap if you don't want to make them yourself, find a good muffler shop that does mandrel bending and they will make you some for pretty cheap. Hope this helps, and Liquid00meth I mean no disrespect, I just think its is impossible to run lower boost than the wastgate spring is set at. And I am with Solreaver it is hard to find silicon connectors from just any hardware store. I've been to all of them and never found what I was looking for.

haha it's not my car, I'm not the one looking for answers. And I just added boost controller at the end of my counter-suggestions. I'm taking it out, I wasn't even really sure it would work. Thanks for your input, I was just responding to someone else.

Thats cool, I just want to help people becuase at one time I also thought you could turn down the boost, we all gotta help each other then we can all build insane cars and smoke those people who think Honda's can't be fast. I am sick of the DSM boys talking crap, oh well once the Accord is tuned up and the Silvia gets finished they have some good races on their hands!

Originally posted by liquid00meth+Mar 31 2003, 03:39 PM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 31 2003, 01:18 AM
liquid00meth
@Mar 30 2003, 09:18 PM
Set the wastegate at 0 psi nutballs

i've never seen a wastegate spring that is 0 psi :bash:

Ever heard of an adjustable internal wastegate actuator? Manual adjustment? rig something up? Don't be bashing me. I was just defending my earlier comment, it was not wrong - Sir deemed it necessary to insinuate that I had just suggested something that was an unimaginable atrocity - when in fact it was quite simple. Bottom line is, the kid should should learn from the suggestions. If you understand how the turbo system works, you can easily see in what and what not situations you could run without charge pipes.

You are SOOO completely incorrect in what you said. Don't even try to bend it to sound right because YOU ARE WRONG.

The only way to have a wastegate open without making boost <which Isn't possible without charge pipes, or closing off the compressor housing> is to REMOVE the wastegate, or take the guts out of the wastegate so the valve is open all the time, whick could feasibly cause damage to the wastegate valve.

Chichittity check yoself, Fooooo.

Back