EG 1993 Interior Halp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IDMaxGuy

I searched the forums a bit, and didn't find what I was looking for. What are my options as far as swapping in a different center console, and possibly a dash for my EG? It is the plain jane setup, I dont have a console in the middle only empty space. Its a manual transmission and I really don't care if its JDM or what, I just want some g'damn cup holders and places to put things(cavities)!!!!!

Google has told me I can put some EK parts in it, an Integra dash and that sort of thing. I bookmarked a few pages but right now I am really just brainstorming. I want something that just looks simple and clean, nothing crazy nothing ricey etc.

Does anyone have any pics of your car or someone you know in real-life that could post them up and answer questions on what you did/how you did it? I don't expect a walk-through, but mainly I just want ideas.. I NEED IDEAS!!! :ph34r: My time to scrounge through salvage yards is limited, so I need a direction to go before I start looking to seriously buy parts.

I'm sorry if this is a generic post and/or has been covered, but I am just now getting back into the Honda scene after 5 years or more of being a DSM guy..

you could get the regular cup holder center piece and then the high armrest back pice for the console, you could also fo the optional audio console with a single din radio and then put the cup holder pice underneath it...You have TONS of options...I have also seen ek lower consoles that looked really good but I would rather keep mine eg parts "jdm,edm,usdm" if possible

???? confused. u want not stock? cuz if u dont care throw stock shit in there. y not? if u want more the 94+ teg dash fits but needs to have the door pannels and door jam(of dash) moded and rewired. hit up ebay jdm shit there but its gone up in price. ek not sure of but the jdm is very similar

you could get the regular cup holder center piece and then the high armrest back pice for the console, you could also fo the optional audio console with a single din radio and then put the cup holder pice underneath it...You have TONS of options...I have also seen ek lower consoles that looked really good but I would rather keep mine eg parts "jdm,edm,usdm" if possible

Is there an EG console type setup that would have cupholders that can fit something other than a can of soda? Right now I dont have an armrest type of console and I want one of those as well. I like the cupholders to be in the center, kinda like on a 94-97 accord. I dont care if I keep it EG or EK, I just want a cheap route that will get me some places to put my phone, smokes, and a big 44 ounce drink should I choose to buy one :D

The arm rest thats available online is a JDM version for the EG. Its the whole piece from the ebrake to teh rear ashtray. Direct fit. They are small but have a compartment with a cup holder part (not bigger than a soda can). I have been told (but cannot verify) that the 4-door sedans 92-95 USDM had arm rest too but believe it to be the same size as the JDM EG. If you want a longer arm rest, I have seen guys use Integra arm rest but the three I've seen......look like crap. Like Dr Frankenstein let Igor do it when he was drunk. It doesn't match up well and some imagination/fabrication would be needed to make it look better. You will not get some big cup holder for these 15+ year old cars. They didn't think like that back then. You should have two cup holders in front of the stick shift? I have an EH3 and it has the pop-up cup holders in front of the shifter. But they are small and flimsy. The center console attachment looks pretty nice but it makes the foot space look smaller and eliminates the flimsy pop-up cup holders. If you had the arm rest....it has a little bit of storage and an extra cup holder but its pretty shallow. But it does let you rest your arm.

Is there an EG console type setup that would have cupholders that can fit something other than a can of soda? Right now I dont have an armrest type of console and I want one of those as well. I like the cupholders to be in the center, kinda like on a 94-97 accord. I dont care if I keep it EG or EK, I just want a cheap route that will get me some places to put my phone, smokes, and a big 44 ounce drink should I choose to buy one :D
You would get the "optional audio console" which houses a double din and are getting harder and harder to find, Then instead of putting a double din radio in you put in a single din radio and grab the cup holder section out of the older for taurus which is what ALOT of people do over on honda tech

Look through this thread
[FAQ] Show your 92-95 Civic Optional Audio Console Pics-----> - Honda-Tech

and this is the cup holder/change holder from the taurus that people put into the audio double din console
attachment.php

Wow thanks for the responses!!

@Carfrog, I have an integra console that I got from a freind, I havent tried to match it up yet but I will keep that in mind and make sure Im happy with it. I do have the pop up cupholders, but in frustration of trying to make a can of soda stay put... I hulk smashed it.

@ tinctorus I came across some of those pics of people doing that, I didnt find anything that explained what it was and you did that, thankyou! That might be a route I go :)

I remember those! We had those cup holders in our Taurus when I was a kid! The aspect of a coin tray is cool too! But that center console is expensive! Well......for what you are getting, its simply over priced IMO. Otherwise, I would have one! lol But it does give the interior something new and makes it seem more cockpit like.

I'm gonna check out the pics.....I am wondering if the trays are at a steep angle when they extend or are they more parallel to the ground.

EDIT: Here's a link to a pic with the console and cup holder/coin tray:
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2503929

Last edited:
European console ...

You can order the armrest from Majestic Honda, for $118 I think

Attachments

• edm.JPG
    edm.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 6,435
European console ...

You can order the armrest from Majestic Honda, for $118 I think

Ohh that is sexy, I do like that a lot but funds are short right now due to Christmas :(.

I did decide that I will attempt the Integra Dash Swap, I capitalize it because it will be a major pain in my ass. I traded my BMW for this civic and a wrecked integra, so I have all the essentials to do a dash swap. Im sure I will make a seperate thread on that with pics!!! Thanks for all those who posted, you confirmed for me that I dont want to spend a lot of money going JDM :):)

Just FYI, the Integra cup holders are NOT very impressive. They basically just work for a can of soda or a small water bottle. Anything bigger, like a fast food type cup is difficult, especially if you've got a head unit in either DIN slot.

And honestly, the Integra dash itself isn't really anything to write home about. I personally wouldn't spend the time to swap it into a Civic, but it's up to you man...

I kinda want to do it just to do it, ya know ;)

I feel restricted because I am keeping this as a DD, and its got a turbo on it already and runs perfectly (knock on wood) so I'm happy with the engine situation.

I do want a good winter project though and the will to work on my DSM is running out, I cant get the damn thing running right with the MAF translator setup and DSMlink and its just one DSM problem after another blah blah lol. I think doing this might give me some sanity and a feeling of accomplishment back enough to re-motivate me on working on the ole talon.

Back