EG/B16A/P72 Wiring Diagram?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bakerderek0

Up a Creek...
Hi! Sorry for being such a noob. I just got a 94' civic 5spd hatch EG OBD1 with a B16A (OBD1) and a 37820-P72-AO1(OBD1). The swap was done by the previous owner. I need to diagnose a couple electrical issues. I've searched for days and all I've found is the P72 pinout. One issue is I need to know where the engine coolant temp sender wire is supposed to lead to. Thats just one wire I need to check. Does anyone know of a full electrical diagram for this swap? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Thanks for the help. I found that the radiator fan bracket is broken along with a bad fan motor. I grounded the temp sender and found that my issue is the actual gauge or possibly the circuit. I also check my CEL codes and read 4 codes not related to the issues I already had. Code 10(IAT Sensor), Code 14(IAC Valve), Code 21(VTEC Solenoid Valve), and Code 22(VTEC Oil Pressure Switch). So, I've got my work cut out for me since I had no immediate idea what any of these were! Thanks again for the help and sorry it took so long to respond (vacation).

Check wiring at the ECU first (for all those codes) The wiring might have been done by the local idiot and you may need to fix their work. After that...check all plugs on Engine harness and make sure they're all seated correctly.

Google the parts that are throwing codes and hit "IMAGES" to see what they look like to become familiar with them. They might just be loose (connection) or some can be cleaned. VTEC solenoid and oil pressure sounds like a wiring issue at the ECU or in the wiring under the hood (hard to tell...whats your model?) All sensors throwing codes can be replaced with used parts (if money is tight) but you'll have to search around. Check wiring first. One step at a time and it'll be a good experience that isn't that hard.

Back