EG B18c1 swap issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleeper759

So i got the motor in and wired up using the eg wire harness,i got a new shifter linkage then ran wires for the vtec solenoid,vtec pressure pump,evap solenoid and knock sensor. I then got an odbi destributor so now i can get it started but i think that the timing is a little off. The idleing is a little up and down then when that stops the idle drops way down. I took it for a ride but this thing has no balls at all and the throttle response is crap. So if anyone can give me some info on what i might have overlooked or how i can get this thing runing right it would be appreciated.

this is like the first thing nyone should check when they do a swap, make sure your map and tps plugs aren't swapped, it is ery easy to mix them up, if you want to test just swap them and see how the car runs.
if not that, do you have any cels?

I think that IAC solenoid is bad because when i on hook it the up and down idle stops. But the thing i noticed is when the car gets to normal idle withing 45 seconds i hear a sound below the intake plenum where that little black box is at the PCV valve sounds like when you suck something into the intake and it gets plugged , then after that the idle just drops off.

Last edited:
IAC is bad if you unhook it and the idle smoothes out. if you leave it unplugged tho it will throw a CEL.
I have no clue about the Pop noise, if you suspect the pcv, just change it, they can't be more than a couple bucks.

Back