EG coupe harness/swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ZCpowerdSI

whats up hs. my cuzin recently bought a 94 coupe with no engine in it. it came with a z6 but not installed because the engine in it blew. this z6 was pulled out of a 95 coupe. so when i dropped it in i came across a problem with the harness. the two main harness connectors that plug in to the car are what i have a problem with.

tranny side - right side of harness
smallest connector plugs in fine but...the 2 bigger connectors fit together but they dont go all the way in and click

timing belt side - right side of harness
two connectors plug in fine but one does not have a female to plug into

does anyone know whats going on here? the guy said he pulled it out of a 95 coupe that i seen in his yard. i thought it would all plug in with no problems

need help asap. thanks

Is it a JDM harness??? It should be fine with a USDM harness. There is no difference for a 92-95 Z6 motor harness.

its the original harness for the motor no cuts or anything. and the connector that has no female end to connect with. i dont know whats going on here. im pretty sure there arent jdm z6's

no one has came across this problem before?? i need help. i have to get this car running.

there is no difference between z6 harnesses? even a delsol harness?

JDM D15B (SOHC VTEC) is terribly similar and would have a reversed engine harness for RHD cars.

From my knowledge....no differences in USDM D16Z6 harnesses (Del Sol Si, Coupe EX or HB Si). I do not know why its not plugging up if its a USDM D16Z6 harness

found the problem. the connector from the last car the motor was in was in was busted inside both the connectors for the engine harness. got the motor runnin.

thanks for the help CAFROG

Back