EG coupe/hatch bumper

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gettocrx

Hey guys! I'm wondering if the hatch or coupe front bumper off of the EGs fit the 4dr EG?? I've seen people do it but is there any fabrication (cutting/drilling) in order to make it fit? Thanks! :mrgreen:

a local guy did it...I dont know the full details but he did end up cutting both the 4 door fenders and the 2 door fenders and welding them together. I dont know about the radiator support.

done it! it will fit on all bolt are the same and it all the same size and shit!!! the only difference is a lil one after you put the bumper on stand back and look at the front!! it have one long vent as the hatchy and coupe have a big on int the middle and 2 lil ones on the side!!!

and if you look at the headlight and thre bumper under it the body line is about 1/2 to a 1/4 inch off but nothing you can sopt just by lookin at it!!!!

and most 4 dorrs dont have the lil bolt on lip idk what they call it i guess si lip?

Um...hes not asking what the difference is...hes asking can the bumpers be interchanged. They can't. Well, not easily. The sedan fenders (from what I've seen) are shorter and the headlight openings are a bit different. The headlights themselves are different too. The core is the same, but I assume there would be a bit of fabrication to be done.

as i put up there they will bold right on wit no fabing!!!! and those are the lil differences you will see on the car i have dont it wit no fabbing many times

The headlights are identical.

The corner lamps and fenders (up front) are different. The side sections of the bumper are also longer on the sedan, so the coupe/hatch bumper would need to be cut and molded.

the sedan fenders are longer. thus making the coupe side to dender not line up under the corner light it will bolt to the fenders and match it does not need trimmed. and it will bolt to the radiator support no problem

here is a easy sloution get then bumper and try to put it on w/e you tryin to put itn on and you will see for you self !!! and you will see that it is no modds needed to use it!!!

Quoted post[/post]]
done it! it will fit on all bolt are the same and it all the same size and shit!!! the only difference is a lil one after you put the bumper on stand back and look at the front!! it have one long vent as the hatchy and coupe have a big on int the middle and 2 lil ones on the side!!!

and if you look at the headlight and thre bumper under it the body line is about 1/2 to a 1/4 inch off but nothing you can sopt just by lookin at it!!!!

and most 4 dorrs dont have the lil bolt on lip idk what they call it i guess si lip?
Quoted post[/post]]
as i put up there they will bold right on wit no fabing!!!! and those are the lil differences you will see on the car i have dont it wit no fabbing many times
Quoted post[/post]]
here is a easy sloution get then bumper and try to put it on w/e you tryin to put itn on and you will see for you self !!! and you will see that it is no modds needed to use it!!!

grammartime.gif

:laugh: I'm with you on "Grammar time". It hurts my head to try to read this guy's posts. Please proof-read your post prior to hitting the "Add Reply" button. Please

Quoted post[/post]]
Hey guys! I'm wondering if the hatch or coupe front bumper off of the EGs fit the 4dr EG?? I've seen people do it but is there any fabrication (cutting/drilling) in order to make it fit? Thanks! :mrgreen:

When we purchased our project car I was told the hood was from a coupe, front bumper from a hatch and cannot recall where the fenders are from. We have an alignment issue with the drivers side fender which I'll try to fix down the road. There is also a larger gap between the bumper and hood.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

When we purchased our project car I was told the hood was from a coupe, front bumper from a hatch and cannot recall where the fenders are from. We have an alignment issue with the drivers side fender which I'll try to fix down the road. There is also a larger gap between the bumper and hood.

who are you and what :emofo:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

who are you and what :emofo:

Sincerest apologies for the poor grammar. Just trying to be helpful. The hatch bumper fits the 4DR EG as you can see in the link

However, you may notice that there is a slightly larger gap between the bumper and the hood as well as a slight misalignment between the bumper and the fender.

Back