1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eg crisis!!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by egeezy, Dec 29, 2009.

1. egeezy

egeezy New Member

i got a canadian eg, i just dropped a b16a2 into it. b16A2, Built Gsr Head, ITR cams, b16 trans. i had this swap in a us eg ran perfect. now whith this car it idles up and down and when i unplug the tps sensor it runs fine for about 5 miles then goes into limp mode. i fried my chipped p30 last night. how do you install the ELD elctrical load detector onto the canadian model car? if that is even my problem as i have heard

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

a buddy had the same issue with his gsr. his specific issue was a clogged iacv. same temp fix too, remove the tps plug and it was good for a while, just had 0 power (to be expected) after about 5-10 minutes.

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

us/canadian.. should be exactly the same

4. egeezy

egeezy New Member

us and canadian are NOT the same the us Engine wire harness has a map sensor in it. the Canadian engine harness does not have a map sendor plug it is in the CAR harness. i also did a direct drop no wiring and it has vtec

5. egeezy

egeezy New Member

Also, it cant be a clogged iac becasue i had this head and manifold on another b16 and it was running fine until someone mis shifted it

6. lostsoulzprophet

lostsoulzprophet delslow

from the experiences that i have had the idling up and down could be something as simple as a vacuum leak.

7. RoughKnight

RoughKnight Christmas Car

sounds like you should check your iacv screen and possibly your iat, that was my problem when my car surged up and down

8. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

check for vacuum leaks
    is this a 3 or 2 wire iacv?

9. egeezy

egeezy New Member

3 wire iacv, i cleaned it traced for leaks sprayed brake clean all around the manifold no rpm raise or drop. i bought a ostrich emulator and chips and the base map for a edm b16a2 disables knock sensor, ELD, atmospheric pressure sensor. so im gonna mess with my chip and c what i can come up with

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted