EG H22 Axle Swap Woes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

torturedsol

Sup ladies and gents:

I usualy lurk around at the abundence of info on the site. Ran into an issue with my h22 swap in my 92 Civic.

I bought a JDM H22A swap from a local guy. Motor is minty, trans is pissing me off. I'm running a 93 Accord intermeadite shaft w/ 93 GSR Axles(So I've been told) and I can't seem to get them to seal. I've got at leaste 10 axle seals that fit the trans housing and axles but still pouring gear oil out between the axle shaft and the seal. They arn't tearing when I put them in with my seal driver and I lube the inside of the seal before I slide the axle in.

You guys have any ideas as to why this is happening? Or, am I better off going back to the parts store and getting, yet another, pair of axle seals and set of axles I know are for a 90-93 Integra? Side note to that: Should I order Prelude axle seals or Integra? The OD of the seals are realitivly the same according to NAPA and Advance spec sheets. I'd get some from the stealership but I don't have one within a reasonable distance.

The setup is again:
92 Civic Hatch
JDM H22A/Trans
Accord intermeadiate shaft
Claimed Integra Axles

Thanks in Advance.

if your talking about the seal that goes into the tranny get the one for the tranny and 90-93 integra axles are just fine for that setup

if your talking about the seal that goes into the tranny get the one for the tranny and 90-93 integra axles are just fine for that setup

Cool deal, ty sir. Got another set of seals on order and picking up a new set GSR axles(this way I know what axles I'm running)

Issue is, I got the swap off a guy who had it in his Sol and he couldn't get it running. Guy also didn't know what axles he had in there as his "mechanic" did the work for him. Threw code 9, 10, 21, 22. I looked at the dudes wiring job and proceded to rip the whole harness out and make my own with my old d16 harness. Only have a code for a knock sensor and EGR now, but that those doesn't matter much as I'm ditching the p13 and putting in my chipped p28 to get tuned:D Can't wait to get my hatch back on the road:ph34r:

sounds good but just a note they dont have to be gsr axles i just used normal 90-93 ls axles on my h swap

Well the bastard is still leaking. Got a prelude axle and swapped the end off of it and put it on the integra axle. As soon as the car starts moving it starts pouring. I'm open to more suggestions haha

you dont need to swap ends on any thing you just need 90-93 integra ls axles. if that dont fix it what motor mounts are you using

Back