EG hatch to be swapped for BARR!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
looking to replace my factory airbox and intake arm in my 92 CX hatch (the throttle body is the size of a half dollar damn near) to something that flows better. what factory honda air box will drop right in? Si i know will fit , but what about a gsr or type R? I know the GSR manifold sits lower than most intakes, so I was thinking a type R. Anyone know if this bolts up with no mods?

thanks

going from stock to stock you really won't see an improvement. If you want better flow replace the crappy paper filter with a K&N. Other than that you really should look into a short ram intake or a cold air intake.

I am swapping a d15b in right now until my GSR is done, but my car will be barred with the GSR in a year or so to make it smog legal in CAli, so I need a factory air box. I have about 11 different intakes i could throw on, but thats nit my question. I want to know if a type r air box will bolt up, or id the 92-95 Si my only bet for geeting the 1" pipe outta my engine bay!

Ok if you are just putting an air box to pass smog anything with work for you. Why waste the time trying to get some more performance out of it since you are just going to be swaping the engine anyways :roll:

your not getting what I am saying. I want to buy 1...air box and flex pipe now, so i don;t have to fish something up for my bar test. If you don;t know thaen just say so, but I know someone on here has had to bolt another (ie GSR/Type R) air box in the EG and i want to know what bolts up besides the SI for better air flow for my GSR!

LoL I understand now. Any air box from 92-95 civic will be a direct fit. That is also what you should use so they don't question it. Afterward you should get a short ram intake or a cold air intake with a K&N filter.

but will the type r work. I can get one from a buddy for cheap and it might be a little biger in diameter, but I need to know if it drops right inan EG chassis

It should bolt right up. The DC and EG engine bays are pretty much 100% identical. If he's your buddy, tell him to let you test fit it before buying it.

Back