EG headlights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
in a word, the lights on my hatch SUCK.

i RARELY even get "flciked" when i have my hi-beams on they are so dim. i need to do something about these, as i can't see a damn thing.

what are my options?

h4 silverstars are pretty cheap-- but is it he bulb? or is it the light in general?
jdm/edm eg lights? what about these. how different are they? are they brighter? are blubs avaible state-side?

I have the same problem but i have silverstars and they are still low. I never get flicked with the high beams on lol but i got used to it after almost 3 years of owning egs.

bulbs are fairly new, and the lenses aren't scratched more than one would expect. they are just dim as hell.

ok then lookat puting a small cap on the wires to make sure there getting 14-15volts it will help them to shine a little brighter

i have them aimed very close to the front bumper. any higher, and they look like they are off. i don't think its a positioning thing.

i had the silvcerstars in the 240, and they were a big difference from the sotck 240 lights- but the stock 240 lights were also pretty good.

Silverstars are dope....

until they burn out 3 weeks later. I went through 3 pairs in the prelude in a matter of months. For $20 a bulb, they should last longer than the fucking $3 AutoZone bulbs.

B, the housing is what sucks. The whole reflector design and glass lens structure really blows. Now you know why I've spent so much money trying to get a good lighting system on the front of the Civic!

The JDM EG lights won't do a damn thing for you except remove the nipples on the front of the lens, give you a plastic front lens instead of a glass one so you can get it scratched and also move the "flare" from the passenger side to the driver's side so you can piss everyone off that's coming toward you. The overall beam pattern (with the exception of the flare location) doesn't change.

I would really recommend the TYC one piece projectors or their straight clear lens projector replacement for your hatch. They both have excellent beam patterns, and are probably some of the highest quality pieces you can get from the aftermarket.

L-9295hdciviccpehbk_hl_chr.jpg

L-9295hdcivic_hl_chr.jpg

Drop some decent bulbs into those and you'll be much happier than with Silverstars in your stock housings. I'm planning on getting a set of the ones in the second picture and fitting in a set of bi-xenon projectors from an Audi or a BMW.

Something my brother and his friends have been doing are to install fog light kits.

My brother owns a tin can on wheels Datsun 210. The Headlights on that sombish SUCK!

My brother's friend drives a 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS Trueno and his headlights are no better.

My brother went to Wal-Mart and got a headlight kit for $12, and those are freakishly blinding. It gives him more than twice the amount of light than his headlights do.

I'm going to get an EG sometime Fall 2005 and i'm planning to take me a trip to WalMart. :p

Those Foglights are great IMO. Good Cheap, and they haven't caused my brother or his friends any problems

if i pu tin those blue lights, i'll be in jail in a week from 12312312 tickets. they pull you voer like made for those.

fog lights are gay. i don't want that shit. i want a headlight that works.

i like the link lshatch posted up. i'm willing to spend the money- but will it fix it? mike says its the housing more than the bulb... so whats the point of putting in a good bulb ina shitty housing?

there's gotta be a better option here

not sure but an idea for you...

you could look into aftermarket stock replacements... perhaps a company has since improved on the design so you don't have to pay out the ass for the fancy lights?

you could also try to disassemble the headlight and clean the inside of the lens as well as the reflector material, it could have dust or grime, but not likely i suppose...

i put the projector style headlights on my civic and it was night and day diffrence over stock, but my lens were cracked and just fucked in general...

edit: i would also advise you check your headlight position on a wall just to make sure... that also made a huge diffrence in my hatch...

The HIDs in the stock housings are bright enough to overcome the problems of the OEM reflector and lens design, but it's still not ideal. If you're willing to spend the mony, I would really recommend getting a set of the TYC housings and dropping either a bi-xenon projector in from a BMW/Audi or a single low beam projector into the single piece housings.

Putting a complete projector into an existing housing will require a slight bit of custom fabrication, but it'll give you the best results. If you don't want to deal with cutting a bit of plastic, you can always get the plug in kit from that link and drop it into a pair of H4 housings (not stock) and still have close to the same thing- but the disadvantages are that you're still relying on the reflector instead of the OEM projector, and bulbs will be harder to find if/when they burn out because HID kits aren't exactly legal in the US.

TYC H4 housing (no corner): $100
High/low H4 HID kit: $540

TYC one piece: $200-220
Low H1 HID kit: $400

TYC H4 housing (no corner): $100
Bi-xenon BMW or Audi projectors off eBay: $400

Your choice man- all of these will give really great results.

I have a friend that had just a low beam H4 HID kit in his stock EG housings, and the light output was still pretty good. He said that there was quite a bit of scatter from the fluted lens on the front of the OEM housing, but with the headlight adjusted ALL the way down he was able to not have people ever flash their lights at him. He still had quite a bit of usable light. I'd stay the hell away from the stock housings though.

yeah id say the hid in ther stock will def fix any prob with lighting. but if you are worried about color of light you would have to find white ones but they tend to have a pink tint to them. but a friend of mine has them in his stock housing and they are great. if i didnt have my one pices id go that route

I was looking into those tyc's myself but i havent seen a picture of them on an actual car. Whould you happen to have come across any mike?

From our very own.....

I'm buying These if I settle for a 94 ex I have my eye on.

Back