EG headlights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 2 2005, 10:00 PM
looks like i need to PM arron :p
[post=440339]Quoted post[/post]​

Want his number? I don't think he gets on here much anymore. Give me a call if you want it.

those things are fooking sechsay... i am gonna order mine probably next week lol :D How hard is it to install you think? I know on my buds crx we had to pull back the fender and it was just a bish to install. And these are one peice <_< .

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 30 2004, 08:33 AM
if i pu tin those blue lights, i'll be in jail in a week from 12312312 tickets. they pull you voer like made for those.

fog lights are gay. i don't want that shit. i want a headlight that works.

i like the link lshatch posted up. i'm willing to spend the money- but will it fix it? mike says its the housing more than the bulb... so whats the point of putting in a good bulb ina shitty housing?

there's gotta be a better option here
[post=439138]Quoted post[/post]​

im poor or i would have got them already....my boy has hids in his hatchie....stock lens and there bright as hell. I think its worth all the money. Cause everytime i buy some damn bulbs them MFs allways burn out....so kcuf it...spend 5bills or 4bills and not have to worry about are they gonna be bright enough or are they gonna pop. HIDs all the way i say... your gonna like them. As well as there not illegal :thumbsup:

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Jan 2 2005, 11:37 PM
those things are fooking sechsay... i am gonna order mine probably next week lol :D How hard is it to install you think? I know on my buds crx we had to pull back the fender and it was just a bish to install. And these are one peice <_< .
[post=440386]Quoted post[/post]​

Easy on a 5th gen.

Originally posted by civicious@Dec 25 2004, 06:19 PM
Silverstars are dope....

until they burn out 3 weeks later. I went through 3 pairs in the prelude in a matter of months. For $20 a bulb, they should last longer than the fucking $3 AutoZone bulbs.
[post=437213]Quoted post[/post]​

I bought my Silverstars last summer and they haven't burnt out yet. And changing the headlight housings two months ago on my Si made a HUGE difference.... :thumbsup:

Need some foglights at some point, but I don't want to cut into my new bumper's grille. *sigh*

Just had my insurance company buy me these, oh and ice, a swapped civic on summer tires and the back of a ford pickup dont really make a good combo

Ebay pic

edit- page 2 owned

HEY, just if your intrested i came across these healights i'lll be getting for my car, there very good and you shouldn't have anyprob with lighting,
http://showstoppersusa.com/catalog/product...products_id=185
the main thing with stock lenses is that they were designed over 14 years ago and the lenses were to pass a light test then, since then lights have changed and been better improved over the years, you really need a new headlight lamp before you go shopping for bullbs, updated bulbs won't do much unless the headlamp is updated to the specs of the buld and power consumption. the reflecting pattern of your lenses are your issue. good luck

I wouldn't pay more than 150 for any type of housing. I've had the ebay ones and the quality and fitment is decent. I got mine when they were still pretty new for like 150 and people were selling the one peices for like 300+ bucks.

I reccomend them, I'm getting them for both my hatches when I actually start driving them, as for the prelude it's the one that really needs it but I'm not paying more than 10 a bulb for that hunk of shit. I wasn't even going to buy brakes but the screeching from it grinding on the metal tb really pissed me off.

My .02, get something but don't spend too much. That kit that someone posted is illegal, if you're not worried about it and possibly getting a ticket do it. It will make a huge difference though and I would pay 400 for that kit.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 13 2005, 10:16 AM
That kit that someone posted is illegal, if you're not worried about it and possibly getting a ticket do it.
[post=445161]Quoted post[/post]​

WHATS ILLEGAL? halos?

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1+Jan 13 2005, 12:16 PM-->
I wouldn't pay more than 150 for any type of housing. I've had the ebay ones and the quality and fitment is decent. I got mine when they were still pretty new for like 150 and people were selling the one peices for like 300+ bucks.
[post=445161]Quoted post[/post]​

Not an eBay one, no... but the TYC housing quality is better than the eBay housings. You can get the real one piece TYCs for less than $200, and I think that's worth it on its own. They just don't make a set for the 4 door. :(

92dxhatch
@Jan 13 2005, 01:57 PM
WHATS ILLEGAL? halos?
[post=445219]Quoted post[/post]​

HIDs into cars that never had them available from the factory.

yep what mike said, any HID's put in a non HIF factory car is illegal

I'll look into the TYCs. Do a coupe/hatch front end conversion then you could use em :)

CRAP!!! your kidding me, well there goes my plans. i was planning on going with the catz h.i.d. s and some projection headlights. well, i'll do it anyways :D

B, you should definately get these if you can find anywhere that sells them, they are rare, but are super nice. throw a pair of Vision corners with them, and you will be madd tizzight JDM. not to mention you will be able to see.

http://www.denji.com/dj-hd767.htm

either that, or i agree with cal, and you should just invest in real HIDs. or hell, do both.

i like the denjis personally, cause they have form and function. they look better than stock but aret as flashy as those stupid one-piece units, and are a hell of a lot better than stock. i cant even imagine how well they would work with real HIDS attached.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Jan 30 2005, 02:22 AM
B, you should definately get these if you can find anywhere that sells them, they are rare, but are super nice. throw a pair of Vision corners with them, and you will be madd tizzight JDM. not to mention you will be able to see.

either that, or i agree with cal, and you should just invest in real HIDs. or hell, do both.

i like the denjis personally, cause they have form and function. they look better than stock but aret as flashy as those stupid one-piece units, and are a hell of a lot better than stock. i cant even imagine how well they would work with real HIDS attached.
[post=453312]Quoted post[/post]​

I disagree. Seriously. The Denjis use H3 bulbs for the low beams, and the way the filament sits in an H3 bulb just isn't right for projecting a beam away from the top tip of the bulb. The bulb wasn't meant to be used that way. The H1 in the TYC projectors is meant to be used in that orientation. I don't care if the TYC one piece headlights are "flashier" than the Denjis- the simple fact is that the design is a good number of years newer, and the beam pattern is much better. There's some real engineering that went into the beam pattern placement in the TYCs, and the build quality is much better than the Denjis.

As for how rare the old Denji 1st gens are- they're not. I see them all over the place. They cost about the same as the TYCs, fall apart after about a year, and always crack the lens in the low beam projector after about a month.

TYC beam pattern > Denji beam pattern
TYC quality > Denji quality

And really,

TYC looks > Denji looks

The only choices I'm considering for my car are TYC replacement headlights or an HID retrofit. Since TYC doesn't make a single piece headlight for my car, I'll probably end up with the HIDs in a clear lens housing.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 30 2004, 08:33 AM
if i pu tin those blue lights, i'll be in jail in a week from 12312312 tickets. they pull you voer like made for those.

i like the link lshatch posted up. i'm willing to spend the money- but will it fix it? mike says its the housing more than the bulb... so whats the point of putting in a good bulb ina shitty housing?

well ill be able to tell you how the beam pattern is gonna look cause i bought the tyc one peice and and a set of 6000k hidz ill post some pics when there installed

Originally posted by Lshatch916+Jan 30 2005, 04:07 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Dec 30 2004, 08:33 AM

well ill be able to tell you how the beam pattern is gonna look cause i bought the tyc one peice and and a set of 6000k hidz ill post some pics when there installed
[post=453506]Quoted post[/post]​

All B has to do is go back to our illustrious comutek's thread and look at the beam pattern pics with the H1 HID kit. :)

Do definitely post pictures of your beam pattern up though, with and without the HIDs.

Originally posted by Calesta+Jan 30 2005, 03:07 PM-->
Smonkeyboy
@Jan 30 2005, 02:22 AM

[post=453312]Quoted post[/post]​

I disagree. Seriously. The Denjis use H3 bulbs for the low beams, and the way the filament sits in an H3 bulb just isn't right for projecting a beam away from the top tip of the bulb. The bulb wasn't meant to be used that way. The H1 in the TYC projectors is meant to be used in that orientation. I don't care if the TYC one piece headlights are "flashier" than the Denjis- the simple fact is that the design is a good number of years newer, and the beam pattern is much better. There's some real engineering that went into the beam pattern placement in the TYCs, and the build quality is much better than the Denjis.

As for how rare the old Denji 1st gens are- they're not. I see them all over the place. They cost about the same as the TYCs, fall apart after about a year, and always crack the lens in the low beam projector after about a month.

TYC beam pattern > Denji beam pattern
TYC quality > Denji quality

And really,

TYC looks > Denji looks

The only choices I'm considering for my car are TYC replacement headlights or an HID retrofit. Since TYC doesn't make a single piece headlight for my car, I'll probably end up with the HIDs in a clear lens housing.
[post=453439]Quoted post[/post]​

wow, didnt know that. ive only seen 2 real sets of Denjis over here, and havent heard a single complaint.

what about the gen 2 ones????
http://www.denji.com/dj-hd767n.htm

i didnt see what bulbs they use, i dont know if they are the same or not. ???

Back