eg ls swap.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shizkabob3421

im getting a whole swap from a 94-95 ls and i have a 92 civic hb will everything from the integra bolt up to my car or will i need to get somthing different?

Last edited:
everything will bolt up and plug right in, you will need the ecu from the integra+axles and shift linkage
it's a very easy swap
If you have a Vx or a Cx or a Dx with a 1 wire o2 sensor you will have to add/change some wiring for the o2 sensor

yea i just checked on the exhaust manifold it has the o2 senser with 4 wires coming out white green and 2 black. also someone else told me i would have to plug in some map senser and let the one from the ls harness hang?

Good, sonce you have the 4 wire o2 you won't have to run those extra wires.

For the MAP question:
Ok, some of the honda civic dx models came with a firewall mounted MAP sensor, it is almost directly above your fuel filter, the easiest way to check is to open your hood and look at your throttle body, if there is a black sensor on the top (it says "MAP assy" on it) then you are ok.
If you happen to have the firewall mounted type, all you have to do is either extend the wires from there to the one on the new engine OR run a vacuum line from the intake manifold to the map sensor on the firewall.
When I did mine I ran the hose just so that it looks like the one on the top of the engine is being used and you don't have any extra wires dangling around.

my 93 dx came with a 4 wire o2.... weird

It is wierd because my 93 dx came with the 1 wire, and let me tell you what, when I did my first B swap into it TEN YEARS AGO, I was so lost it was incredible, It took me almost a whole week to figure it out. Granted this was all WaAAY before hondaswap and other help websites. But who knows for some reason some came with 1 wire and some came with 4 wire, it may have been that some were canada made and some were japan made maybe??? WHo knows

It is wierd because my 93 dx came with the 1 wire, and let me tell you what, when I did my first B swap into it TEN YEARS AGO, I was so lost it was incredible, It took me almost a whole week to figure it out. Granted this was all WaAAY before hondaswap and other help websites. But who knows for some reason some came with 1 wire and some came with 4 wire, it may have been that some were canada made and some were japan made maybe??? WHo knows

Its funny that you mention canada... my car has a sticker that says "honda of canada" on the radiator support. That must be it!

Back