1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eg mounts

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by vbherrera, Jan 31, 2006.

1. vbherrera

vbherrera Junior Member

hey i am swapping an engine for the first time myself.. im buying a 92-95 civic and i ordered a b16 from an sir2 (p30 obd 1)..do i need mounts for this or can i use the stock ones... the place i ordered it from said its coming with the mounts.. so do i need anything or plug and play..what mounts do i replace..please help..thanks alot

2. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

drops right in you just need to run vtec wires.

3. spoonracer84eg

spoonracer84eg Junior Member

If your car is already wired for vtec disregard the above. Im also trying to figure out if the stock mounts that come with the motor will work. If I find out for sure I will let you know.

4. confusatron

confusatron Senior Member

As long as you're not converting an automatic EG to manual, your stock mounts are fine. You may eventually want to go with some urethane mounts, but your stock mounts will work fine for the swap.

5. killercannible

killercannible Senior Member

And you've got that jdm harness to chop to crap too, so vtec wiring will be easy. Buying whole swaps from companys is the best way to buy an engine. Smart move guy [​IMG]

6. Scorchin Civic

Scorchin Civic Senior Member

You might would also want to consider getting mounts from a 1994 and up Integra since you are going to be getting a B Series motor to put in your EG.

7. flydex28

flydex28 Senior Member

I just did the sir2 swap myself and it bolted right in with the mounts that came with it. No problems.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted