eg mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vbherrera

hey i am swapping an engine for the first time myself.. im buying a 92-95 civic and i ordered a b16 from an sir2 (p30 obd 1)..do i need mounts for this or can i use the stock ones... the place i ordered it from said its coming with the mounts.. so do i need anything or plug and play..what mounts do i replace..please help..thanks alot

Quoted post[/post]]
hey i am swapping an engine for the first time myself.. im buying a 92-95 civic and i ordered a b16 from an sir2 (p30 obd 1)..do i need mounts for this or can i use the stock ones... the place i ordered it from said its coming with the mounts.. so do i need anything or plug and play..what mounts do i replace..please help..thanks alot
drops right in you just need to run vtec wires.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
drops right in you just need to run vtec wires.

If your car is already wired for vtec disregard the above. Im also trying to figure out if the stock mounts that come with the motor will work. If I find out for sure I will let you know.

As long as you're not converting an automatic EG to manual, your stock mounts are fine. You may eventually want to go with some urethane mounts, but your stock mounts will work fine for the swap.

And you've got that jdm harness to chop to crap too, so vtec wiring will be easy. Buying whole swaps from companys is the best way to buy an engine. Smart move guy :wink:

You might would also want to consider getting mounts from a 1994 and up Integra since you are going to be getting a B Series motor to put in your EG.

I just did the sir2 swap myself and it bolted right in with the mounts that came with it. No problems.

Back