Eg One Piece Projectors?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

badhabets23

Does anyone know if they make one piece projectors - head lights and corners for an EG? Im looking to find a pair like the ones i saw on a gold hatch back on a recent post but have had no luck. thanks for your replies.

apc shit, yeah. real ones, i doubt it. and even if they did, do you really wan't to spend 1000 bucks on lights that do the same fucking thing as the ones you have now?

:ditto:

It is a waste of money. If they do JDM is way too expensive and APC blows. I say a riced out wanta be SI, HX civic yesterday, had them on it, they were foged and scratched to hell. POS.

u could get u some JDM one piece headlights from a 90-93 Integra and mold them on...just an idea.

if your gonna spend the money on lights at least do something usefull for your driving.............HID :D .....seeing at night =more speed safely[?] attianed

werd it sucks overdriving your headlights :(
i think ill be making that switch soon ... thinking of converting the head lights and AUX lights to REAL HIDs

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+?-->
pissedoffsol @ ?) said:
apc shit, yeah.  real ones, i doubt it.  and even if they did, do you really wan't to spend 1000 bucks on lights that do the same fucking thing as the ones you have now?

Because they look cool. :lol:

APC does NOT make any kind of one piece headlight. They're not cool enough for that. All they make is leaky BS that sells at Rice Boys for all the 2F2F fans to buy.

TYC DOES make a single piece headlight for the EG (not the del Sol JDM Stanley units), but I don't really like them. They just look like some ass projectors with a weird amber corner.

http://www.elegantebytyc.com/civic.html

L-9295hdciviccpehbk_hl_chr.jpg

TYC >>> APC by the way, but they still turn out quite a bit of rice. Beware the rice cooker! OEM quality, but still rice a lot of the time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by asmallsol@?
It is a waste of money. If they do JDM is way too expensive and APC blows. I say a riced out wanta be SI, HX civic yesterday, had them on it, they were foged and scratched to hell. POS.

Those aren't EGs... and the 6G headlights are one piece from the factory anyway. :lol:

E_SolSi
@?
werd it sucks overdriving your headlights 
i think ill be making that switch soon ... thinking of converting the head lights and AUX lights to REAL HIDs

Yup. The Civic is getting HIDs once it gets out of the shop, in some housings that don't have the flutes in the front glass so I get even more light out of the package... maybe like these:

L-9295hdcivic_hl_chr.jpg

I've seen HIDs in an EG, and the amount of light on the road compared to stock is just mind blowing. Make sure you get a good kit with the full moving bulb for low/high beam (not moving shield) and a good shield system so you don't throw glare at other drivers.

unfortunatly for me no one makes the headlighs without the flutes for the del sol (bastards left us out AGAIN)
but im figuring between the headlights and the AUX lights i should have a rediculous amount of light up there :)

who do you recomend for kits .... ive only seen a few in the 4300K area that im looking to be in (want the incredibly bright white not the blue or purple)....been looking at the CATZ kit

i still wish i could just go with the yellows that i had on my bike :(

**edit**
these are the yellows i had on my bike
s3ef6b756dcd3d.jpg

actually had a yellow casing around the bulb not just yellow paint over the glass
they were bright as hell and didnt fade at all

I also am looking at the catz but would love something to compare them to,espically something better...........too bad a big ass set of kc's wont look right cut and pasted into my bumper :D

I had in my Civic Denji projectors, Hella 5200K HIDs in the low beams, 100W H1 bulbs in the high beams, and Hella 500 driving lights with 100W H3 bulbs.

All the Civic projectors I've seen SUCK with 55W H3 bulbs 'till you throw some HIDs in them. Once that's done, the low beam is as good as any BMW or Audi. The problem with the H3 bulb is that the filament is perpendicular to the bulbs length as opposed to the H1 bulb where it's parallel. You could do an H1 conversion in the low beam projector, but I just decided to go HID. You can't run 100W bulbs in the low beam projector because it'll get too hot and burn out. HID is really the only way to go with the projectors. Also, I'm not too current on HID conversions and shit, but on all the HID kits I've seen, you lose your high beams when you convert your stock Civic lights (unless you have a seperate high beam bulb). That is NOT worth the price, and IMPO, makes it a rice mod at that point because it's counterproductive.

projector2.jpg

And I don't want to hear any shit about how the Hellas are too big. I don't live in a fucking city, so I *NEED* the light. It's not about "looking like a wanna be rally car," numbnuts.

I'm going with the Catz kit in my OEM housings. They DO run both the high and low beams. Other kits out there do too, but I trust Catz the most. I was disappointed with my Denji projectors- the beam pattern was nice at first, but the build quality wasn't that great, and a year later they were falling apart.

Another HID kit manufacturer to check out is http://www.suvlights.com . They make excellent stuff. Don't believe the hype around a "Phillips kit" or an "Osram kit". They don't make kits- they only make parts. Other companies assemble those parts into kits that they sell, possibly with questionable quality parts. Sylvania has a conversion kit out now, but I've never seen one in use so I couldn't tell you how good it is. Sylvania = OEM quality in most cases though.

deth101- Catz probably is the best, if not one of the best kits out there.

Back