Eg/prelude question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Andy3g

Hi guys, my first post here! nice to meet you all :p

Ok so last year I needed a cheap run around for work, and that ended up being an 88 prelude! awesome car, but for £300 it wasnt the in the best condition, more rusty body parts than non rusty parts, but the engine is mint, only 50k miles on it!

So a few weeks ago she failed her mot for numerous body rot, and a buckled back wheel >.<, now ive been offered an EG civic off a friend, with a dead engine, and was just wondering if anyone had any info on a swap to the civic?

The lude has a b20a7 in, and im not sure on the trim of the EG i think it was a 1.3 though, thanks for any help in advance guys :)

Andy

That will NOT be an easy swap. It will require custom mounts, and I'm not sure anyone makes them, so they'd probably have to be made from scratch. Wiring won't be easy either since you're going from an older engine to a newer chassis.

If you can swing it, I'd say buy the Civic, sell the Prelude, and use the money to buy a new engine for the Civic...

Back