eg rear disk conversion HELP PLZ!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bigg86

I have a 95 hatch CX, i did almost the complete rear disk swap, the only thing i did not change was the proportioning valve...

i got all my parts from a 97 gsr (complete rear disk brake assembly and e-brake), i also replaced the brake booster and the master cylinder

i need to know what kind of proportioning valve i need because my brakes tend to lock up, the brake pedal gets extremely hard n i have to pull over n kinda pump the pedal till it frees up and i can start driving again,... it sucks bcuz it makes my engine overheat n i cant even drive my car.

someone help plz...im guessing is the prop valve that needs to be replaced but im not sure....

thank!

The prop valve is not causing your problems. The correct prop valve would be one from any non abs 4 wheel disk civic or integra from 88-01. Not sure what is causing the locking up. Maybe the brake booster or master cyl went bad? Stay off the road till you fix it.

I have a 95 hatch CX, i did almost the complete rear disk swap, the only thing i did not change was the proportioning valve...

i got all my parts from a 97 gsr (complete rear disk brake assembly and e-brake), i also replaced the brake booster and the master cylinder

i need to know what kind of proportioning valve i need because my brakes tend to lock up, the brake pedal gets extremely hard n i have to pull over n kinda pump the pedal till it frees up and i can start driving again,... it sucks bcuz it makes my engine overheat n i cant even drive my car.

someone help plz...im guessing is the prop valve that needs to be replaced but im not sure....

thank!

Check the brake pedal rod adjustment.you might have to shorten the rod

Check the brake pedal rod adjustment.you might have to shorten the rod

Hi! Welcome to Hondaswap! Feel free to post/look around... just please look at the dates! I don't want to discourage you from posting, but I hope the question asker has fixed his problem after 2 years...

Back