EG Rear Wheel Rot... Help!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shorelovr202

Integra Guy
Just a random question... I'm considering going with a wide body kit for my 92' Civic CX. I have some rot on my wheel wells just like every other civic. Could I cut out the metal and instead of replacing it, just put the fiberglass kit over top of it? If not, what suggestions can you give me so I don't see rust on this car for 10 years? I'm gonna drive it daily and I live outside of Pittsburgh.

If you're going to put the wide body on it, knock out the rust, sand it down, primer it so it doesn't spread, then put the wide body on. If no one sees it then theres no problem.

I say cut it out, put new metal in, and not do a wide body kit, do a nice lip kit!

trust me, I would much rather have a lip kit, but right now I'm tryin to save on cash a bit. To be honest with you, I hate every wide body kit i've seen for this car as well as most of the body kits. I'm probably gonna have to put some new metal in anyways, I've already got my rear bumper drooping. How is it that Hondas are so bad for this? I've seen caviliers not rust in my area, so you can't blame it on that.

Back