EG Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

careful how you word that, cuz EG Si del Sol's did not... FYI.

-Chris

Damn US market, I know the Euro ones did, and the VTis, but I am thinking the US Si Civic did too.

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure they didn't but I am curious. Can anyone clarify this?

In Sport Compact Car for the EG build up they start with a Si, I seem to remember them mentioning it. If someone has it they can look, or if someone on here has an Si, they can say for sure.

SCC's project EG was a DX to start with. I just got done reading that article trying to find out if the Si came with a rear bar 'cause I thought their EG was an Si too. :(

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Jan 1 2005, 12:52 AM
SCC's project EG was a DX to start with. I just got done reading that article trying to find out if the Si came with a rear bar 'cause I thought their EG was an Si too. :(
[post=439685]Quoted post[/post]​

Weird. I guess I remeber them talking about wantingn to get an Si. The book they released has one that is a Si, unfortunately, I am far from any of my written resources relying on my old as memeory.

Well, we have some people who own the cars saying that they don't have them. Strange. The reference section isn't always right. Maybe some came with, and some came without?

at the risk of incriminating myself with the scca, usdm eg si's never came from the factory with a rear sway or provisions (lca's,etc). The only usdm eg's that came with rear sways are all '92-95 ex sedan (13mm) and '96+ sol si/vtec (13mm/15mm respectively)

hope this helps B)

Honda has been known to be kooky at times, and having one year equipped with something and the next not, so I don't think it is so much they did or didn't but narrowing down which did and didn't. Like some 93 say DX's being wired for vtec, and some not, or the 92 VX coming with the holes to mount a upper front strut bar, and later models not.

Originally posted by sk8er602@Jan 11 2005, 03:33 AM
i have a 93' si EG and just looked at my stock rear swaybar. unless some one changed it on my car.
[post=444040]Quoted post[/post]​

No USDM EG Si's ever came with rear swaybars stock. In order for me to put one on my Si I will be swapping in rear LCA's from a GS-R. After I do that, it will look stock. It's an easy and common mod to do...

I sold Hondas in '95 and somewhere I have a box of old Honda sales literature. And yes, year to year, Honda did offer some different features on their product line from the factory. Rear swaybars were not one of them. On the other hand, some 94 Si's came with ABS. In 93, there was a variation of some EX coupes having a "premium" stereo system (and ABS brakes I think) and it was referred to an EX-A or EX-O. I read about it once, but since I never saw one at the dealership, that info didn't stick. lol. There were Accord EX-L's with a leather interior... strange, wierd and somewhat unimportant trivia to know. :lol:

Originally posted by stmotorsports@Jan 11 2005, 03:26 AM
'96+ sol si/vtec (13mm/15mm respectively)

[post=444013]Quoted post[/post]​

my brothers 94 del sol VTEC does have a rear sway. My 93 del sol Si does not, or I should say, did not :D But now that i think about, mine is an EH, while his is an EG....

-Chris

Back