EG Swap info needed ASAP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1BADEGDC2

We pulled my friends TypeR out from his EM1 due to regestering problems:(, so he got a 93cx hatch:p. We already pulled the TypeR out, were planning to drop in about 8hours or so;). What i wanted to know was what problems are we gonna have, as far as wiring. We swapped the TypeR into his EM1 with no problem, car ran clean, no check engine lights! :DShould we use his obd2b harness or an obd1 harness?:confused: He has an obd1 computer, with the conversion harness. Like i said were gonna be doin this swap in about 8hours so all info would be very helpful. Thanks for everything guys!:cool:

Use the ODB1 harness, since the car its going into is ODB1. Then splice any connectors (dizzy, injectors) from the ODB2 harness that you need into the ODB1 harness.

Ok, well the injectors were obd1, so then use the obd1 harness, rewire or change dizzy, and alternator right? Then thats it then the car will be running right! Thanks for all the help!

So i got some more info, if anyone could tell me what they think i would appreciate it! Im gonna use the obd1 harness, wire vtec manually, use a obd2 alterator, rewire that, Re pin obd2 dizzy, i got my p28, and some obd1 injectors. Will this get me a running car? Let me know, all info is appreciated!

Back