eg to ek front swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

miko

i just got into this jdm thing im realy a dsm person but fuk it, i got a 92 hatch and i want to convert the front end to a 99, got a the 99 front end ready (fenders lights bumper ) this is coming from a 99 civic coupe that i have with no title wat else do i need for this conversion plz a lil help tnx like i said im new at this:D

I would try looking in are body section, also I beleive if u were to google this there mite be a write up avaliable!

You would more than likely need to create custom fenders by combining the front half of EK fenders with the back half of the EG fender. You would also probably need the hood. ALOT of custom work will be required to make this work and even more to make it look good.

If you asked ME, I'd say don't do it the 96-00 front-ends are ugly IMO. The EG's were the best looking civics to me.

But yea, it'll take lots of fabrication it's not really something to do when you're new to this. How new are you? Have you at least installed a body kit before?

lots of fabrication.. unless you're good at welding its gonna cost some $$$ to pay someone to do the work..

IMO.. leave it alone.. the 92-95 front is perfect already

:werd: you're just wasting your time, money and effort on a pointless cause.

If you want a car that looks like an EK Civic, then just buy one...

he probably doesnt like the jennifer lopez look of the EK
JenniferLopezAss.jpg

ad3157_img1_large.jpg

hahahahahaha dats funny ohhh if i wanted to add the power windows and locks wld i b able 2 take it off a 92 coupe with pw and pl ????

Haha cars and women 2 separate worlds there man I am an ASS-MAN until I die. Forget the boobs, they're alright but honestly the chest could be flat as a wall with mosquito bites on it as long as there's some good ass behind it.

Ek's are just ugly but not the jdm hatchbacks.

just curious... the JDM hatch and USDM hatch look identical basically... whats so much better about the JDM hatch?

The little things. I like the small things here n there that are different on jdm vehicles like lips, foglights, and the tiny differences especially the emblems for some reason. I'm a real enthusiast for Japanese cars, never cared for American cars for some reason even when my dad owned a Chevelle with a hemi that he claimed made 600hp.

And I'm not just on the jdm bandwagon, I liked them that way since before the parts became super-over-priced-for-the-new-rice. Probably because I was born on Japanese soil and liked what I heard from my parents about the Japanese cars they drove, moved to the states when I was real young but always interested in Japanese autos.

dude... you're 18 and barely started driving 2 years ago .. the JDM scene has been around much longer..... you sir are definitely on the bandwagon..

Last edited:
The little things. I like the small things here n there that are different on jdm vehicles like lips, foglights, and the tiny differences especially the emblems for some reason. I'm a real enthusiast for Japanese cars, never cared for American cars for some reason even when my dad owned a Chevelle with a hemi that he claimed made 600hp.

So, basically, all the stuff that you can easily add to a US-spec Civic is what you're talking about? You're essentially just talking about Type-R stuff anyway. A bare-bones EK hatch from Japan isn't going to be that much different then a bare-bones US-spec hatch...

my dad owned a Chevelle with a hemi that he claimed made 600hp. .
:kick:
I'll stop listening to you right there. Unless your dad is a sick, twisted, A-hole why the FVCK would his Chevelle (Chevrolet) have a Hemi (Mopar?) Pics or FAIL!

Last edited:
:kick:
I'll stop listening to you right there. Unless your dad is a sick, twisted, A-hole why the FVCK would his Chevelle (Chevrolet) have a Hemi (Mopar?) Pics or FAIL!

epic fail chevy with a mopar :eek: need pics to believe
(You saying almost exactly what I said 5 minutes prior) Also=Epic Fail
Why dont you just copy and paste next time, it'd save you some trouble.

Last edited:
Back