Eg Vx d16z6 swap O2 sensor problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah...working all bent over on these guys gets my back all irritable. Advil....and my buddy just had back surgery so I have him in an emergency of soar muscles relief.

Is your belt tight (to deflection specs) when the tensioner is tightened? If so....try my little technique next time you get in there.

Are you jumping the service plug when you set the timing?

I was getting about 22-24 MPG on the one tank I have used with the ECU...not that good. So I think its the problem. But another guy here told me that the cat may be ate out from the running rich....my O2 could be on the way out too!. Maybe combustion chamber has a lot of build up (probably not a problem though)

damn thats some bad mileage! you take the chip out already?
when i had my vx set up with the wideband sensors i burnt my old one out (guy put full exhaust on a hyper mileage car) it was full of carbon. i ended up soaking it in some seafoam i got from O'reilley's (schucks) and it works now for some reason. haha weird. i had already bought another in the meantime. so you could try that! no gaurantees.

im gonna try to set it again when that guy gets out here. hopefully soon. otherwise im a bit on the sick side so am relaxing and watching the game today. might just end up taking 1500 bucks for it and buying an EF or something. i only have two more months here before i head off to basic anyways. just nice to have a running car when you live out 10 miles outside of town haha

Back