EG-vx hatchie w/ ls swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phantom_star_rp

Okay, I'm fairly new to this so forgive my retardedness <-(like my word?)!! I have a civic hb VX and I'm gonna put a 96'+ LS motor in it this summer. i plan on giving it an artificial rectum (turbo) next summer. What will I need for the OBD-1 to OBD-2 conversion? also, i think i'm going from cable to hydro tranny so what'll I need for that? another thing I was wondering is, what type of clutch will i need for the tranny. i think i just have to get one for the ls motor but i'm not sure if i should get one that'll handle the boost later....and i heard from a friend that the stock exhaust wouldn't fit because it'll be either too short or too long where the header meets the cat. i just wanna make sure that i get this right because i plan on registering this car under california's strict @$$ rules. your help is greatly appreciated!!

Try to get a 94-95 LS. It will be an easier swap.

It drops in with a few mounts.

You already have a hydraulic trans car...so you should use a hydro b series transmission.

My personal preference on the clutch would go to Exedy. I'm using an Exedy in my almost done LST hatch.

The 94+ LS's header should fit fine, a 90-93 is going to be too long.

:worthy: Thanx a bunch!! The 94-95 LS is OBD-1 right? And when you say " a few mounts" what do you mean? I already have the Hasport mounts for the swap so those are good right?

yes 94-95 ius obd1.

You can actually use any 92-95 LS and swap it in with ease. The 92-93 will have a cable trans though, so you would need to get another transmission.

You need an integra Driverside upper mount, rear L bracket and front tranmsmisson bracket.

Actually it doesn't matter if you r getting an OBD1 or OBD2 engine if you take your stock engine harness off of you engine and just plug it all into the OBD2 engine. The plugs r the same no change, the only change they made was to the distrib and the (air intake temp) sensor. You would need an OBD1 distrib and u may need to change the AIT sensor which may intell dilling the B18B intake manifold and installing the OBD1 AIT sensor. I can't remember what style the OBD2 LS AIT sensor uses (sorry). Depending on how good u r, u could use the B18B distrib housing and do a gut swap with your stock distrib.

i think the internals are the same with the obd2-obd1 dizzies. The plugs are slightly different (I think).

Too meet CA laws you would defenitley need a motor that is from the year of your car up. So if you have a 94, forget about any motor before 94.

I think you need all the paperwork and shit for the motor too. So you can also forget about a JDM motor.

Yes the distributor) plugs are different, but if you use the OBD II Integra harness (USDM, JDM one is backwards) that hopefully comes with the swap, it still plugs in because the 92-95 Civic, and 94+ Integra have the same harness (sans minor differences per model).

anyone know off-hand what the comp ratio of a 95 LS is because some say 9.2:1 and others say 9.4:1? And also how much boost can this motor handle stock? what would have to be changed for a bigger turbo?

Back