EG with B16, radiator and intake questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ericL

In a EG with a B16A SiR2 swap and no air conditioning what radiator can I get to give good enough cooling to autocross/drag regularly. I was looking at Koyo but someone had mentioned getting an integra radiator and new fans? I'm not going to drop 1k on an ARC I just want to get something that will efficiently cool the engine under hard driving cuz right now it's being cooled by the d16 radiator.

Another question that I have wanted to know the answer to but just never asked is: is it better to run the crankcase vent to the intake tube, to a catch can and not to the intake tube, or finally to a catch can and then from the catch can to the intake tube? Not sure the benifits if any of the 3 different setups. Thanks.

I use a Fluidyne, but an Si/EX radiator, or Integra radiator will cool it just fine.

I don't see any reason to bother with a catch can at all.

Street Imports radiators are great and are cheap also.. I think I paid $199 shipped for mine.. Its a 2" thick 92+ civic 1/2 size radiator..

I think I'm going to go with either fluidyne or koyo, any pros/cons with those two...if anyone else has reccomendations feel free..

i would go with the fluidyne
its just a much nicer finished product

im sure the koyos are great too... but they dont look nearly as well built as the fluidyne... the welds arent as nice, the end caps and sides are chinsey

its up to you in the end

that was my first thought too..i'm not running A/C so would putting in the long radiator benifit much?

Well, it may. It extened highrev driving, but I've seen Si/EX radiators handle the duty well, so it's pretty much if you feel like it. I have a Fluidyne, and there is nothing it hasn't been able to cool 6000-8000rpms for hours during the summer, oh yea.

If you are cramming a turbo, or H22 or something that is goingto take up more room, than yea, but for a normal swap, no point other than spending money on bling.

Back