EG with B18b1 bad mpg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chacal06

Hi I have a 93' civic with a b18b1 when I got it back from the shop ( fix pistons now has high porformance piston ) it was giving me super bad mpg then I checked the codes and I had no map sensor tp sensor was bad and code 22 I think vtec solinoid I bought the map sensor and adjusted tp sensor that fixed it a little but I notice it still drains more gas then what I expected for a 4 cylinder !! I noticed that the higher rpm more gas it drains but I don't even go over 3000 only on 5th gear...also I notice the needle goes down a little and goes back up but not to where it was at first ! Well I want to know if any one know what I should check or change ? Thanks in advance to any help I get very appritiated !!

b18b1 doesn't have vtec... thus no vtec solenoid. re-check your codes.

what tranny are you using?
ecu?
tire size?
tire pressure?

and what are you seeing for mpg?

I know b18b1 doesn't but for some reason mine does that's how I bought it maybe they tried to do the ls/vtec but that's the code it shows...I have p28 ecu and about the tranny I'm not sure I just bought the car like that how could I check ? I have 17 in rear 15 in front tire pressure is right ... to tell u the truth I'm not sure wat mpg I'm getting because I don't trust it to wait for the empty light to show

you should have a p75 ecu. the p28 is for a d16z6. it's likely running in limp mode because its not seeing all the required sensors. buy a p75.

Is there anything I need to kno about connecting an ecu ? Or its as simple as disconnecting the old one and connecting the new one ? Also if I have a map sensor but from a wrong year does it make a big difference ?

@map... wrong year, depends. as long as its the same obd as your computer you're ok. obd0 map sensors are different than obd1/2

Thakns for all the help !!....also my iacv is bad ama buy a new one that make a difference on how much gas it it waste ?

Does it have to b obd1 or 2 from the same year ?So does any one knows where I can get a p75 I live in los angeles california

obd1, 94-95.

there's probably 10 in the for sale section here, 100 on ebay, and probably some on craigs list for well under $100.

I did my calculations and I did 130 miles with 7 gallons....I'm not sure if its good or not can some one help me out...and I forgot to say that the check engine light code is vtec solenoid because it has b16 vtec head and I was thinking of chipping my p28 ecu to be for a b18 and to have vtec is it a good idea or not ?

Can somebody help me get better mpg ??!! I wanted a good gas saver but its not saviing me much...also sometimes I get a smell of gas while I'm drivin I'm not sure why that is but it may be part of my problem but can somebody HELP ME!! Thanks in advance

ok go out get the RIGHT computer for your car, drive it around for a while, then come back if youve got any more problems, your gas milage sucks couse your car has the wrong ecu

Ok ama try it out I hope that's my problem...ill keep u updated with what happend when I change the ecu ! Thanks

Back