EG with LS::Swap Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Firing order is correct. Timing has been fixed. Main relay replaced. Still no start.

How did you fix the timing?

BTW: OBD2 Valve cover looks like this:
IMG_0474.jpg

OBD1 Looks like this:
1148334946348_azxcvfdswx.jpg

Notice the hole in the OBD2 cover.

If you have an OBD1 motor: Straight OBD1 throughout the car. OBD1 ecu, harness, dizzy, everything.

IF you have an OBD2 enigne, you need a OBD1>OBD2 conversion harness. Run the OBD2 ECU for right now, along with OBD2 dizzy and everything else.

Everything on my car is OBD1, engine, ECU, dizzy. Everything. As for the timing... I took the timing belt off, and re-adjusted the cams. Put cyl 1 to TDC and lined up all the TDC marks as well as the arrows on the cam gears.

OK, I got the fuel rail pulled off with the injectors... Did a spray test and when I cranked her over only the injector at Cyl. 1 was spraying fuel (a weak, half-a$$ spray). Did I do the test right? If so, Im thinking its either bad/dirty injectors or a bad fuel pump. How can I test the fuel pump?

Bump... Still no luck.

I replaced the fuel rail and injectors and Im getting spark to all 4 plugs.

When I turn the key, the lights in the gauge cluster light up like they are supposed to. But the CEL stays on. I've tried to use the paper-clip/wire trick to get the codes but the CEL just stays solid. Anyone got any ideas?

Hmm, you need to pull that code.

Also, can you hear the fuel pump power up when you turn the ignition on?

the obd1 dizzy and obd2a dizzy are the same the only thing that is different is the plug either one will work fine. i would make sure you have your plug wires in the correct place's. as for your injectors take them over to a machine shop and have them tested and cleaned it will cost 50bucks for all four. i would double check that ecu pin location thing that would be the most likely thing. was the b16 ecu a obd1 or 2 because the ecu's have different plugs so you would''t be able to just plug it in. you would need to buy a conversion harness if you were using a obd2 ecu

Back