eg8 race car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtec82monster

ok so iwas on another site getting some info but decided to move here as seems more suitable for my needs so i was going to run a em1 race car found out its not suitable for the class so i have bought a 95 eg8 ( for touring car class) also a complete 94 honda prelude vti-s h22a1 both manual yip you guessed it the h22a1 is going in the civic now the question i have gathered all the info for fitting etc I THINK! but im stripping the prelude engine out and theres alot atached to it that theres no mention of in any of the swap write ups im taking as much as poss but i dont want to mis any sneaky hidden bits and pieces so does anyone know of a write up or can tell me what i need from the lude all help will be greatly appreciated. PS it has a p13 ecu was going to run p72 but will a hondata s300 p28 still run iab's

p28 doesn't have IAB control. you'll need to use the p72 or p13 for that... p13's generally have immobilizers so that p72 is usually the better choice.

Take everything you can, especially the cable shifter stuff. You'll need custom mounts from a place like hasport.com to mount the h22 in there. a dual core 1/2 front del sol vtec (b16a) radiator is also common with these swaps, especially if you will be racing, you will want it. integra one's won't fit (clear the alt/etc that the h22 prodes out front). Plus, that leaves that side open for your oil cooler :)

Most of the wiring you can use from your core car, but take the harness too, for it's plugs. you'll have to hack cut and paste a few connections to make it all work.

axels too...

other than that, it should be pretty straight forward.

Back