EGR Valve

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

egsir

I was planning to get buy a 91 Integra with b16a swap. The motor is missing the EGR valve. I was wondering what the heck is the egr valve? What does it do? I have searched on the website and I couldn't find anything on EGR valve. Also how much is it to install one? Thanks in advance.

its a emission equipment. EGR=Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve. it lets some exhaust back into the engine to help lower emission. you need it to pass inspection...

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Aug 31 2004, 02:37 PM
its a emission equipment. EGR=Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve. it lets some exhaust back into the engine to help lower emission. you need it to pass inspection...
[post=384325]Quoted post[/post]​

I heard that JDM motors dont have the EGR valve . . . . .

Originally posted by egsir@Aug 31 2004, 03:14 PM
I was planning to get buy a 91 Integra with b16a swap. The motor is missing the EGR valve. I was wondering what the heck is the egr valve? What does it do? I have searched on the website and I couldn't find anything on EGR valve. Also how much is it to install one? Thanks in advance.
[post=384312]Quoted post[/post]​

id like to know how it does this? pics? diagrams? anything? how is exhaust gas gonna get back into the engine unless you have some tube running from the ehaust to the intake? im confused on how it lets exhaust gas bck in

Yip, that's what it does, there's a vacuum hose to the IM and it operates via a solenoid, if I was at home i'd post up the diagrams. B16As don't use it, if, and it's a big if, you get gigged for it, you'll have to find someway to install, wire, and route it. I threw mine away.

You shouldn't, and if you did, you're not using it now, because no B series uses them.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 1 2004, 08:35 AM
You shouldn't, and if you did, you're not using it now, because no B series uses them.
[post=384678]Quoted post[/post]​

So thats why B16A's still pass emmisions eventhough they have no EGR valve?

They pass because they have a US equivolent, and the rule is you have maintain the motors emissions system, and ECU.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 1 2004, 09:23 AM
They pass because they have a US equivolent, and the rule is you have maintain the motors emissions system, and ECU.
[post=384690]Quoted post[/post]​

but what about the sniffer test? Wont they detect more toxins then normal?

If the motor is running good, and not burning oil, and the vacuum fittings are all in place, the motor will put forth the same amount of pollution it did when it was put in the original car, and approved by the EPA in the first place. Simply swapping a motor doesn't make it pollute more, age and condition would do that.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 1 2004, 12:06 PM
If the motor is running good, and not burning oil, and the vacuum fittings are all in place, the motor will put forth the same amount of pollution it did when it was put in the original car, and approved by the EPA in the first place. Simply swapping a motor doesn't make it pollute more, age and condition would do that.
[post=384737]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah but my motor is JDM, so wont that effect emissions?

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Sep 1 2004, 07:39 PM-->
@Sep 1 2004, 12:06 PM

[post=384790]Quoted post[/post]​

Your JDM motor has a US equivolent, so it is a suitable replacement motor, as long as you use the US ECU, and emissions equipment, or carb legal aftermarket replacements there should be no problem.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Sep 2 2004, 02:26 AM-->
Originally posted by Cashizslick@Sep 1 2004, 07:39 PM
92b16vx
@Sep 1 2004, 12:06 PM

[post=384790]Quoted post[/post]​

Your JDM motor has a US equivolent, so it is a suitable replacement motor, as long as you use the US ECU, and emissions equipment, or carb legal aftermarket replacements there should be no problem.
[post=385143]Quoted post[/post]​

Im using the ECU Hmotors sent me - P30

You need the US P30 ECU to be 100% legal.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 2 2004, 03:51 PM
You need the US P30 ECU to be 100% legal.
[post=385382]Quoted post[/post]​

I just cant fail the sniffer in MA. . . . i hope im good.

BTW< i didnt think there was a USDM P30 . . .

Back